Who Has Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have too many pets! I know I mentioned this before, but we have recently given up our Birman breeding program. I have 3 Birmans who need a home. 2 of them are less than a year old & 1 is around 2 years old. If there are any DCers in the New England area who would be interested in adopting one of them, please contact me at corinne@macrobyte.net
Here's some photos of the 2 younger ones:
http://media.truerwords.net/images/kittens/loveys_last_litter/

Corinne said:
I have too many pets! I know I mentioned this before, but we have recently given up our Birman breeding program. I have 3 Birmans who need a home. 2 of them are less than a year old & 1 is around 2 years old. If there are any DCers in the New England area who would be interested in adopting one of them, please contact me at corinne@macrobyte.net
Here's some photos of the 2 younger ones:
http://media.truerwords.net/images/kittens/loveys_last_litter/

Good lord, lucky we don't live in DC we'de take you up on it in a heartbeat. Thats DH fave cat, he was talking for awhile about breeding them, then realized he'd never be able to get rid of one... their soooo cute.

I used to have a lot of pets. In the past 3 years I've had 3 dogs, 2 iguanas, a mouse, a scorpian, 10 fish, and 2 dwarf rabbits. Now i have 2 nieces and 2 nephews.

Trip said:
Good lord, lucky we don't live in DC we'de take you up on it in a heartbeat. Thats DH fave cat, he was talking for awhile about breeding them, then realized he'd never be able to get rid of one... their soooo cute.

I know what you mean. We had a litter of black kittens a while back. We gave away a whopping two and (grudgingly?) decided to keep the rest. Unfortunately, a neighbors open container of antifreeze reversed that decision. Only one made it.

Incidentally, when you name animals you intend to get rid of, you're already done for.

I have two frogs and a Newt. I have had them for about 4 years now. They don't do anything but croak all night long. They kind of sound like dogs that are in a distance.

we have 4 cats, ranging in ages from 4 to "who knows", and 2 parrots, 13 and 18 years old.

well, for the cats: 1 is an adult cat from a shelter, 1 is a purebred maine coon, and 2 were stray kittens that i found in the garden after being left behind by their moms (different moms, different years).

my birds are an african grey and a mollucan cockatoo.
the grey, louie, swears up a storm, whistles lots of songs, imitates bodily functions of all kinds, and always stands during the national anthem (that's a bird joke :) ).
my 'too, beethoven, is a big baby, and has houdini like talents. that is he has been able to escape from every latched cage i have put him in, even when i locked it with a chain and keyed lock. he was able to reach the key, put it in the lock and escape, destroying his arch nemesis, the evil vacuum cleaner.
so now i use a number combination lock. i've caught him holding the lock up to his ear, slowly turning the dial...

kadesma said:
Angie,
what lovely pet friends. They are beautiful and I can see how much you care for them and love them.. Way to go.

kadesma:)

Thanks. Yes, they are spoiled ROTTEN. But...well worth it.:rolleyes:

Thank you all for sharing all the pics and stories of your fur,feathered and scaled kids.There's is nothing more soothing to the soul than a pet.I have posted many times about my yellow lab Angel who will be 8 this August. Her pic is in the photo gallery,if you care to see a pic of my beautiful girl.When the world wants big decisions and commitments all my Angel wants is a big hug,food ,water and to be walked and returns the favor with a sloppy kiss or her suare fuzzy head resting on a lap to love. Doesn't get any better than that.

img_271716_0_078fb1ace7e4df5973d1d5dc847b6982.gif
Well said Vikki

I almost have a cat..I don't know where he lives but when it rains he sleeps on my patio. I call him Chester. He is a large male and howls (yowls) coming and going. I think he likes his voice. In good weather he walks through our back yard several times a day on his way home. Drives Dove crazy.
Marge

We've just got the one cat now, Dulcie, she's ginger and 12 years old. She was found as a tiny kitten by my neighbour in the local churchyard, so we took her in. When she was 6 months old she disappeared overnight, and when she came back had a wire noose tight round her middle. Then when she was 1 year she was hit by a car, we nearly lost her. She now has one leg shorter than the other three. Thankfully she has now stopped using up her nine lives at such an alarming rate!

I'm so glad she is doing well now. How can people be so cruel to an animal! She is very fortunate to have found you.
Dove

I only have one and she IS my baby. :) She looks gigantic in the picture but that is only because her momma is too dumb to know how to resize.
attachment.php

I am a walking oxymoron when I walk my dog.

ME= Sleved ,and then some, in ink(hence TATTRAT), 6foot 4 inches tall, 275 Lb. My niegbhors know I have a bike, a 54 ford, a 67 Lincoln and a ,cough...honda...I admitadly look a little "burly", but my fiance(the librarian type) will tell you I am a teddy bear.

DOG= 10Lb 4 year old Pomeranian....and yes, I love her. She has alot of character. And I never thought I would love a dog under 70lbs.

Hope you get the mental pic. Kinda silly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom