"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
Master Chef

I have 4 dogs, all adopted (a Plott Hound/Lab cross, a Husky, a Tricolored Walker Coonhound, & a Doberman); 6 cats, also all adopted; 7 horses (Thoroughbreds, Thoroughbred/Warmblood & Thoroughbred/Connemara crosses, & a Quarter Horse), a Citron-Crested Cockatoo, & a tank of tropical fish.

Over the years, though, I've had budgerigars, Australian finches, cockatiels & exotic parrakeets (which I bred), as well as mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, & even a pet skunk!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We have one cat. Lily Lily Queen of cats. Best Kitty in the world. She turned 13 on Easter sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lily!!.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1428  

Old 05-11-2006, 01:32 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
I HAVE 6 DOGS WHICH INCLUDE 2 SHI TZU'S 1 STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER,AND 4 MIXES... I also have a cockateil,RIZZ (his mate died a few months back)
and my son Jared has a keet (yellow) his name is Bob :)
Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
opps.. I forgot to mention the chickens and the chicks. We have five now.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #25
Hospitality Queen

Here's Katie (7):

Son #2 has a 2-year old beta named "Cedric", and we still are keeping watch over "fuzzy", the yellow variant house finch who flew into our window last month, and now resides in a hamster cage till he's okay to fly.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #26
Sous Chef

I have a 10 year old Miniature Pinscher named Grommit. He's a great little companion. He lives for rides in the car and walks in the park. We sometimes travel with him and he's a good hotel guest too. We also have a 14 year old gray cat named Blue, who is the best cat in the world. He has a wisdom and a sensibility that you don't often see in a pet. Then there's my Bob cat, pictured in my avatar. He's 5 years old and has a bit of the devil in him. He makes me laugh. He's my constant companion - my little shadow - and the cat of my dreams. My neck will never be the same because he loves to have me carry and hold him as often as possible. It was not bad when he was a kitten, but he's a big boy now!

BC
Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #27
Executive Chef

here is our girl, Seijo. She'll be 5 soon. We love her, she's a wonderful dog!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seijo mt baker.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1433  
Old 05-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #28
Master Chef

What does Koapaka mean? I have two Jack Russell Mutts, one of whom is definitely going to have to be put down this week. She was born in Hawaii 17 years ago. Her name is White Fang, but her daughter is Keiki. One day we were taking them to a vet at a military installation in Missisippi, and the vet tech was a Hawaiian man ... he barged out into the waiting room and said, "Who has Keiki!!!???" He loved it! Fang is so sad, she is just wandering through the house at slow speed, nonstop. She doesn't seem to be in pain today (yesterday I'd have sworn she'd have to go today). Husband is in denial to a degree -- poor girl was his very first dog ever.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Ohh, I'm so sorry... That sucks...
Old 05-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
What does Koapaka mean? I have two Jack Russell Mutts, one of whom is definitely going to have to be put down this week. She was born in Hawaii 17 years ago. Her name is White Fang, but her daughter is Keiki. One day we were taking them to a vet at a military installation in Missisippi, and the vet tech was a Hawaiian man ... he barged out into the waiting room and said, "Who has Keiki!!!???" He loved it! Fang is so sad, she is just wandering through the house at slow speed, nonstop. She doesn't seem to be in pain today (yesterday I'd have sworn she'd have to go today). Husband is in denial to a degree -- poor girl was his very first dog ever.
I am so sorry, Claire... (((hugs both to you and White Fang))) here is a heartwarming piece that hopefully may make you feel a bit better... here on this page it is intended for a hamster but this was really written for any and all beloved pets. I hope it helps.

http://www.geocities.com/petsburgh/2240/loss.html