"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

we have 4 cats, ranging in ages from 4 to "who knows", and 2 parrots, 13 and 18 years old.

well, for the cats: 1 is an adult cat from a shelter, 1 is a purebred maine coon, and 2 were stray kittens that i found in the garden after being left behind by their moms (different moms, different years).

my birds are an african grey and a mollucan cockatoo.
the grey, louie, swears up a storm, whistles lots of songs, imitates bodily functions of all kinds, and always stands during the national anthem (that's a bird joke ).
my 'too, beethoven, is a big baby, and has houdini like talents. that is he has been able to escape from every latched cage i have put him in, even when i locked it with a chain and keyed lock. he was able to reach the key, put it in the lock and escape, destroying his arch nemesis, the evil vacuum cleaner.
so now i use a number combination lock. i've caught him holding the lock up to his ear, slowly turning the dial...

Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #52
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Angie,
what lovely pet friends. They are beautiful and I can see how much you care for them and love them.. Way to go.

kadesma

Thanks. Yes, they are spoiled ROTTEN. But...well worth it.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:40 AM   #53
Sous Chef

Thank you all for sharing all the pics and stories of your fur,feathered and scaled kids.There's is nothing more soothing to the soul than a pet.I have posted many times about my yellow lab Angel who will be 8 this August. Her pic is in the photo gallery,if you care to see a pic of my beautiful girl.When the world wants big decisions and commitments all my Angel wants is a big hug,food ,water and to be walked and returns the favor with a sloppy kiss or her suare fuzzy head resting on a lap to love. Doesn't get any better than that.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #54
DC Grandma

Well said Vikki

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #55
DC Grandma

I almost have a cat..I don't know where he lives but when it rains he sleeps on my patio. I call him Chester. He is a large male and howls (yowls) coming and going. I think he likes his voice. In good weather he walks through our back yard several times a day on his way home. Drives Dove crazy.
Marge

Old 05-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #56
Cook

Smile

We've just got the one cat now, Dulcie, she's ginger and 12 years old. She was found as a tiny kitten by my neighbour in the local churchyard, so we took her in. When she was 6 months old she disappeared overnight, and when she came back had a wire noose tight round her middle. Then when she was 1 year she was hit by a car, we nearly lost her. She now has one leg shorter than the other three. Thankfully she has now stopped using up her nine lives at such an alarming rate!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #57
DC Grandma

I'm so glad she is doing well now. How can people be so cruel to an animal! She is very fortunate to have found you.
Dove

Old 05-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #58
Sous Chef

I only have one and she IS my baby. :) She looks gigantic in the picture but that is only because her momma is too dumb to know how to resize.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #59
Senior Cook

I have a small dog, she is an old lady now. A toy poodle mixed with terrier.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #60
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I am a walking oxymoron when I walk my dog.

ME= Sleved ,and then some, in ink(hence TATTRAT), 6foot 4 inches tall, 275 Lb. My niegbhors know I have a bike, a 54 ford, a 67 Lincoln and a ,cough...honda...I admitadly look a little "burly", but my fiance(the librarian type) will tell you I am a teddy bear.

DOG= 10Lb 4 year old Pomeranian....and yes, I love her. She has alot of character. And I never thought I would love a dog under 70lbs.

Hope you get the mental pic. Kinda silly.