"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #11
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Texasgirl, dont get it. It's based on a plymouth/dodge neon. The PT cruiser "looks" cute, but the parts and cost of plymouth/dodge cars is unbelievable. I advise against it. Take it from me. Head gaskets problems which cost alot.
The Neons did have a lot of problems but they have made significant improvements to the design and internal workings of the vehicle since then. The PT my mom has is very reliable and we havent had any issues with it at all so far.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #12
Executive Chef

have had two ... both more problem free than any chevy I ever owned (and that was 4 of them)

Old 04-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
Master Chef

I know that there is always going to be ones that hate a car, and others that love it. Take my 03' Escape, I HATE IT!!! There are different and small reason, but, they are enough that I don't enjoy driving it since about 3 months of having it and I've had it since June 03'. So many others that were asked, they love theirs.
I've seen a lot more pros than cons on this one. If I get that phone call, I will take it overnight and see how I like it.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #14
Master Chef

So what color you looking at? I've never road in one. Their one of those types of cars that I look at and think nahhh not for me but then you see one in a specific color and its like "Wow .... that looks sharp". As far as the PT's.....I do like the looks of the Black ones. Not a fan of the other colors though. But there's more to a car than the paint job...hee hee. I agree that testing it out is the best thing and to be able to have it overnight will really give you an idea. I know when I was looking for another car (after my GrandAm GT was totalled by some mooron......lets not go there...hee hee) .... I loved the looks of several different types of cars I'd seen but when I got in them I realized instantly they weren't the car for me. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #15
Master Chef

This is it Sizz. I will test it out before signing anything, that's for sure. I made that mistake once, I won't do it again!!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #16
Master Chef

Now thats cute! I haven't seen one like that around here......a convertable one that is.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
Master Chef

I am so nervous about this. I hate my car and I want the pt, but, I afraid of getting burned again and this car messing up too. I know that is a risk with any car you get.

This one has a 2.4L, 5-speed manual trans, turbo charged. Any opinions?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #18
Contest Winner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
I know that there is always going to be ones that hate a car, and others that love it. Take my 03' Escape, I HATE IT!!! There are different and small reason, but, they are enough that I don't enjoy driving it since about 3 months of having it and I've had it since June 03'. So many others that were asked, they love theirs.
I've seen a lot more pros than cons on this one. If I get that phone call, I will take it overnight and see how I like it.
I'll take your 03 Escape, I don't have my own car right now. I would like to have a PT Cruiser but Barbara doesn't want one. I think it will be fine but make sure you drive it plenty in different conditions while you have it. Check the Pick-up and stopping power. Sit in it for 4 hours without getting out, and take it to a mechanic so he can check it out. find out if any repairs need to be made, if there are any, have the dealer fix them first and get receits. Also make sure you trust the Mechanic. I know about cars but I still like to do this. It looks really nice though.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #19
Executive Chef

I love the PT for the leg room and straight seating. It's also got a lot of storage carrying room for me (not a family of 4), so it is a great large "small car" It gets its best milage on Long drives, not short hauls (normal).

THe convertible does not have the storage capacity of the hard top. And it is a two door so back seaters have no easy access.

I must drive an automatic because of disability, but I used to drive a stick and loved it...serious fun.