Who has the PT Cruiser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I don't remember who it was that got it last year?
I'm looking at one and am wanting to know how they like it.

Last edited:
I don't have one... but just wondering... Are you looking at a NEW one, or a second hand one you've seen? Have you looked at on-line or Consumer Reports' reviews?

The Z said:
I don't have one... but just wondering... Are you looking at a NEW one, or a second hand one you've seen? Have you looked at on-line or Consumer Reports' reviews?

I'm looking at an 05 convertible with a 2.4 liter turbo charged engine. I have looked at user reviews all over and the pros are way outweighing the cons. Most of the cons are with the non turbo's and don't bother me.
I haven't looked at the Consumer Reports yet, I didn't think of that. Thanks Z!

My daughter has had one since they came out. She loves it. I do not find it as comfortable in the seats but.... The seats fold down and she always has it full of stuff. She can put all kinds of large items in it so for a single gal it works better than a truck. Certainly easy to load and unoad too.

Thanks everyone. The guy told me that he would let me have it overnight to test it out. I hope that I'm able to get it!! I'm being pessimistic right now. I always expect the bad so that when it's good, I'm overly excited!! LOL

My Mom has one and I have driven it several times before. I find it to be a very comfortable ride and it's decent on gas compared to a lot of larger cars. The interior design is nice as well with plenty of cup holders and space. The only thing that wasnt designed very well is the glove box - it's tiny! I can barely fit the car manual in it.

I think it is super cute and it's easy to spot in the parking lot! My Mom has the bright metallic blue one... we all love it!

This is what hers looks like:

Attachments

• Electric_Blue.gif
    Electric_Blue.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I've had two and think they are great. Still got the second one. mine is white with woody trim and a roof rack

I rented one in KC and found it a bit cramped... plus I could not find the stupid window button!!!! Decent looking asthetically, but functionally did not work for me. Oh, did not like the stick shifter thingy either.

Texasgirl, dont get it. It's based on a plymouth/dodge neon. The PT cruiser "looks" cute, but the parts and cost of plymouth/dodge cars is unbelievable. I advise against it. Take it from me. Head gaskets problems which cost alot.

amber said:
Texasgirl, dont get it. It's based on a plymouth/dodge neon. The PT cruiser "looks" cute, but the parts and cost of plymouth/dodge cars is unbelievable. I advise against it. Take it from me. Head gaskets problems which cost alot.

The Neons did have a lot of problems but they have made significant improvements to the design and internal workings of the vehicle since then. The PT my mom has is very reliable and we havent had any issues with it at all so far.

I know that there is always going to be ones that hate a car, and others that love it. Take my 03' Escape, I HATE IT!!! There are different and small reason, but, they are enough that I don't enjoy driving it since about 3 months of having it and I've had it since June 03'. So many others that were asked, they love theirs.
I've seen a lot more pros than cons on this one. If I get that phone call, I will take it overnight and see how I like it.

So what color you looking at? I've never road in one. Their one of those types of cars that I look at and think nahhh not for me but then you see one in a specific color and its like "Wow .... that looks sharp". As far as the PT's.....I do like the looks of the Black ones. Not a fan of the other colors though. But there's more to a car than the paint job...hee hee. I agree that testing it out is the best thing and to be able to have it overnight will really give you an idea. I know when I was looking for another car (after my GrandAm GT was totalled by some mooron......lets not go there...hee hee) .... I loved the looks of several different types of cars I'd seen but when I got in them I realized instantly they weren't the car for me. Good luck and keep us posted.

This is it Sizz. I will test it out before signing anything, that's for sure. I made that mistake once, I won't do it again!!

img_261986_0_f7374bfb95063b07302d2350f9b0a490.jpg

Last edited:
I am so nervous about this. I hate my car and I want the pt, but, I afraid of getting burned again and this car messing up too. I know that is a risk with any car you get.

This one has a 2.4L, 5-speed manual trans, turbo charged. Any opinions?

texasgirl said:
I know that there is always going to be ones that hate a car, and others that love it. Take my 03' Escape, I HATE IT!!! There are different and small reason, but, they are enough that I don't enjoy driving it since about 3 months of having it and I've had it since June 03'. So many others that were asked, they love theirs.
I've seen a lot more pros than cons on this one. If I get that phone call, I will take it overnight and see how I like it.

I'll take your 03 Escape, I don't have my own car right now. I would like to have a PT Cruiser but Barbara doesn't want one. I think it will be fine but make sure you drive it plenty in different conditions while you have it. Check the Pick-up and stopping power. Sit in it for 4 hours without getting out, and take it to a mechanic so he can check it out. find out if any repairs need to be made, if there are any, have the dealer fix them first and get receits. Also make sure you trust the Mechanic. I know about cars but I still like to do this. It looks really nice though. :cool:

Last edited:
I love the PT for the leg room and straight seating. It's also got a lot of storage carrying room for me (not a family of 4), so it is a great large "small car" It gets its best milage on Long drives, not short hauls (normal).

THe convertible does not have the storage capacity of the hard top. And it is a two door so back seaters have no easy access.

I must drive an automatic because of disability, but I used to drive a stick and loved it...serious fun.

Back
Top Bottom