Who here would like to PRINT their meal out (BBC Article)....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For most food :eek:

It might work well for some foods: some sauces, chocolate, pudding.

I wonder about vitamins.

Ooooooo! Yummo. Food from a tube, can't wait. Once we had spray cheese, could this have been far behind?

:shock:

Something tells me mom's apple pie just won't be the same coming out of a 3D printer. Looks like this concept would suck the joy right out of cooking. No thanks!

LOL it may not be what you want to happen, but I think you'd better start trying to get your brain around to its 'reality'. I've been following this for ages and its progress now seems to be snowballing, and not just for food.
Voila! You're now in the 'real-world' probability of an old sci-fi concept that made the mainstream with "beam me up Scotty".
Haven't reached that technology plateau yet, but the 3-D printer concept is a reality and continues to get refined so that I think in not many years (or even sooner) a 3-D printer outlet in your home will be able to clone and construct all sorts of goods sent over the net and probably several other methods.
A "Brave New World" indeed...are you ready for it!

LOL it may not be what you want to happen, but I think you'd better start trying to get your brain around to its 'reality'. I've been following this for ages and its progress now seems to be snowballing, and not just for food.
Voila! You're now in the 'real-world' probability of an old sci-fi concept that made the mainstream with "beam me up Scotty".
Haven't reached that technology plateau yet, but the 3-D printer concept is a reality and continues to get refined so that I think in not many years (or even sooner) a 3-D printer outlet in your home will be able to clone and construct all sorts of goods sent over the net and probably several other methods.
A "Brave New World" indeed...are you ready for it!

I think you are right.

I just don't want to eat the stuff that comes out of it until it has been tweaked, a whole lot. :LOL:

I completely agree about 'printed' food, don't wanna know until it's perfected, but the other possibilities of what can be 'printed' are intriguing. It's meant to encompass everything from clothing items to furniture, anything made of plastic and eventually electronic devices when they figure out how to do them.
If all this happens, think of the positive gains, less traffic as you won't have to fight the crowds at the mall or supermarkets, and 'cleaner' air because of it, LOL that's the theory anyway!

It really is pretty mind blowing but I realize it's not so far-fetched. Cooking is just such a huge part of our histories and cultures I hate to see it get phased out any more than it already has been.

"You can imagine a 3D printer making homemade apple pie without the need for farming the apples, fertilizing, transporting, refrigerating, packaging, fabricating, cooking, serving and the need for all of the materials in these processes like cars, trucks, pans, coolers, etc," he adds. This is from the article.

This sounds like awfully artificial food to me. I'm not sure that it follows the trend toward real, healthy food. Maybe I'm just not ttechnologically savvy enough to 'get" it.

"You can imagine a 3D printer making homemade apple pie without the need for farming the apples, fertilizing, transporting, refrigerating, packaging, fabricating, cooking, serving and the need for all of the materials in these processes like cars, trucks, pans, coolers, etc," he adds. This is from the article.

This sounds like awfully artificial food to me. I'm not sure that it follows the trend toward real, healthy food. Maybe I'm just not ttechnologically savvy enough to 'get" it.

Yeah, that sounds pretty fake to me to.

I want replicator technology. Can you imagine how much fun sharing recipes would be? We could just upload the specs to our latest creations and everyone else could duplicate it at home and taste it, exactly the way we made it.

This is what my company does. Not the food part, but the 3D printing part.

I have been interested in 3-D printing since I first saw something about it on some TV science show (probably on PBS), seems like 20-25 years ago. Is that possible?

I think there are loads of interesting applications. But food?!?

Yeah, that sounds pretty fake to me to.

I want replicator technology. Can you imagine how much fun sharing recipes would be? We could just upload the specs to our latest creations and everyone else could duplicate it at home and taste it, exactly the way we made it.

Not a bad idea.

I read this and thought....nooooo. The pleasure I gain from preparing and cooking is unrivalled, and what I derive from eating my creations...pure bliss!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom