Who is and was the smartest person?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
benoit mandelbrot just passwed away a few weeks ago, so he just went from the smartest alive to smartest dead person. (lol, can you be smart when you're dead?)

if you use a cell phone, you can thank him for it. well, at least the antannae that makes it possible.

lol, this reminds me of the last words of socrates, who said, "i drank what???"

how about a naked genius, hedy lamarr? the first woman to be filmed skinny dipping in a publicly released movie, she was famous for saying "any girl can be glamorous. all she has to do is stand still and look stupid".

during wwii, however, she just happened to invent spread spectrum communication (freq. hopping) on a bar napkin.

i like robert wuhl's joke about hedy lamarr and britney spears. if hedy lamarr could invent an advancement in technology on a napkin, maybe that why britney spears had no panties on when she got out of the limo. she had the cure for cancer written on them. :mrgreen:

ok, so if you like dead inventors, i've got 1 more.
a jersey guy, the wizard of menlo park, thomas edison.
and you can't talk about edison without mentioning george westinghouse. if you like electricity in your home, you can't really seperate the two.

Tom, my 95 years old Austro/Hungarian Mum went to school with H/L.Mum was about 3yrs younger.

it's a small world, bolas, isn't it?

it's really an interesting story. ms. lamarr had accompanied her first husband to many meetings in his business (weapons development) so i guess she wasn't really just standing still and looking stupid.

benoit mandelbrot just passwed away a few weeks ago, so he just went from the smartest alive to smartest dead person. (lol, can you be smart when you're dead?)

Death is the great equalizer, but smart people are able to make their passing noted by the world, not just their neighborhood.:)

it's a small world, bolas, isn't it?

it's really an interesting story. ms. lamarr had accompanied her first husband to many meetings in his business (weapons development) so i guess she wasn't really just standing still and looking stupid.
Yes it is, it is also interesting that Nobel made his money out of explosives, my mothers great aunt was the first female recipient of the Peace Prize.

Oh, gosh, there was a russian joke about this, darn why can't I remember, darn ....
Somebody gets up and says that such and such person was the smartest and russian gets up and says something about that no the some russian dude was the smartest and he gives reason, and then somebody says that the smartest person right now is such and such and of course the russian goes on to say that it is russian , blah, blah, blah. Joke goes on to compare the most beautiful person, strongest, bravest, it was so long no wondr I cannot remember.

Now personaly I have no opinion.

Back
Top Bottom