Who is the primary cook in your household?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the primary cook in your household?

• I do it all - my partner can basically reheat

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I do most of it, but my partner does help

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • We pretty much split the load 50/50

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • My partner does the big stuff, but I help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My partner does everything - lucky, lucky me

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I live alone and don't have to please anyone but myself

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Cookieee, I think everyone could better understand your feelings if you actually told us why you had to give up your kitchen. Why be so vague?

Because knowing why, won't make any difference. I just thought there might be someone out there that could relate to my situation. Apparently not. Never mind.;)

Because knowing why, won't make any difference. I just thought there might be someone out there that could relate to my situation. Apparently not. Never mind.;)
So, you’re saying that only “ladies” can relate to your situation? I find that to be a bit insulting, actually. And it smacks a bit of misandry. And closed-mindedness.

So, you’re saying that only “ladies” can relate to your situation? I find that to be a bit insulting, actually. And it smacks a bit of misandry. And closed-mindedness.

Joel, were you taught how to be a mother and wife and how to take care of a home and the responibilities that go with it?

Joel, were you taught how to be a mother and wife and how to take care of a home and the responibilities that go with it?
Were you? I’ve never heard of “how to be a mother” classes being part of a school’s curriculum. And if you say your mother taught you, well, maybe she did. But I’ll bet it was by example, and if that’s the case, yeah, I learned the same lessons. And taking care of a home? For darned near all of my adult life. And you don’t think men take on the roll of tending the home, looking after the kids, cooking and cleaning and making household budgets? Welcome to the 21st century! Why do you think a man who loves to cook would feel any differently about losing the use of his kitchen?

Mark always claims he can cook, but I’ve never seen evidence of it!

Thank you for the laugh. Reminds me if my DW. I’d come home and kiss tell me that mommy made dinner. And then whisper “make sure to tell her how good it is”

In all the truth I’m lucky. I cook my wife cleans after me. The best arrangement ever. I hate cleaning

CG sorry about this
Oh no, it's quite alright. I'm just sitting here enjoying the show.

tenor.gif

You're the one who opened the faucet on this discussion with cryptic comments like
... I have my reasons for making this statement, "It is so hard to HAVE to give up ones kitchen, right LADIES?"
No one has ever accused me of being a "lady". So...as a lady, would one have to give up kitchen duty because one didn't want to chip their nail polish or dirty their party dress? I don't understand the "lady" thing.

Let's just say, how men feel won't help me, and just leave it at that.
Little did you realize what a bunch of nosy curious people some of us here at DC are. ;) You can't be vague and tease us with jigsaw puzzle pieces and then not give us all of the pieces.

HOW can we relate to your situation unless we know what your situation IS? :huh:

OK, I get it. It's so very very personal that you don't want to post it. Fine. As they now say in educational circles, let's let this be a learning experience. :D Just don't post vague, shaded comments and not expect a barrage of questions again. :LOL:

I have 4 older sisters, so I certainly was taught how to be a lady. Often until I cried, just like the real thing.

Does that count?

OK, 10 years ago I has breast cancer. Lost a breast. DH took over for awhile. 5 years ago, in hospital and rehab for 2 weeks, DH took over. Unable to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. DH took over. DH enjoyed cooking , I can't walk without support. Small kitchen, try to help, in DH way. And the list goes on. I am having a hard time finding a reason ..........enough said.

OK....enough said.
Wow, cookie, that's a whole lot of spit hitting the fan in 10 years. :( Sorry for all of your medical issues. I think it would have been just fine with a "medical issues" or "female problems", though. It's wonderful that your hubby has been such a great help over the years. :heart: If I were in your shoes, we'd be eating bologna sandwiches every night. My guy can't even make a proper pan of scrambled eggs.

BTW, if you ever want to share medical issues, or even just general aches and pains, we have a thread for that purpose. Hop on over to The Sick Room. If you skim through the posts there, you'll find out we really can be a caring and sympathetic bunch.

Back
Top Bottom