Who is the primary cook in your household?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the primary cook in your household?

• I do it all - my partner can basically reheat

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I do most of it, but my partner does help

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • We pretty much split the load 50/50

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • My partner does the big stuff, but I help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My partner does everything - lucky, lucky me

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I live alone and don't have to please anyone but myself

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Cookieee...I no longer cook because, a tiny bit less than a year ago my Shrek (37 years married) died of bladder cancer. I have been through all the breast cancer, bladder cancer, heart attacks things and I'm here to tell you, we are a bunch of folks who truly care about each other. Best support group out there.

In all the truth I’m lucky. I cook my wife cleans after me. The best arrangement ever. I hate cleaning

The wife and I usually cleaned the kitchen together after cooking and eating. I hate cleaning, but it wasn't bad with both of us cleaning and talking. It wasn't as much of a "chore."

CD

OK, 10 years ago I has breast cancer. Lost a breast. DH took over for awhile. 5 years ago, in hospital and rehab for 2 weeks, DH took over. Unable to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. DH took over. DH enjoyed cooking , I can't walk without support. Small kitchen, try to help, in DH way. And the list goes on. I am having a hard time finding a reason ..........enough said.

Cookieee, my mom can barely walk anymore, and my dad can't sit still for more than five minutes. So, my dad does most of the cooking, and all of the after meal cleanup. They have a maid in once a week for the bigger stuff.

In my mom's case, she doesn't mind one bit. She was born to be waited on hand and foot. :LOL:

In my dad's case, it keeps him busy, and he lives to be busy. He eats, sleeps and stays busy. He's always been that way.

BTW, there are quite a few cancer survivors on DC, including me. I'm glad to hear you are still with us. :)

CD

Cookieee, my mom can barely walk anymore, and my dad can't sit still for more than five minutes. So, my dad does most of the cooking, and all of the after meal cleanup. They have a maid in once a week for the bigger stuff.

In my mom's case, she doesn't mind one bit. She was born to be waited on hand and foot. :LOL:

In my dad's case, it keeps him busy, and he lives to be busy. He eats, sleeps and stays busy. He's always been that way.

BTW, there are quite a few cancer survivors on DC, including me. I'm glad to hear you are still with us. :)

CD

CD, so sorry about your mom.

As I am used to saying, we may live in Boca, but we're not rich :rolleyes: Would love to have a maid once in a while, I think DH probably would also. lol

Congratulations fellow survivors :lucky::flowers: to us all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom