Who is the primary cook in your household?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the primary cook in your household?

• I do it all - my partner can basically reheat

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • I do most of it, but my partner does help

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • We pretty much split the load 50/50

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • My partner does the big stuff, but I help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My partner does everything - lucky, lucky me

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I live alone and don't have to please anyone but myself

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
I do most of the cooking..I always have..I want to and look forward to it..my partner would do if ever I didn't want to..she can and had for years..she was the chief cook and bottle washer of her previous relationship raising her two boys. We have a deal that I cook and she cleans, but if I really trash the kitchen, I help with the bulk of the clearing up, rinsing pans and loading the dishwasher, etc..when it comes to wiping down surfaces, she tells me to get lost..her standards are higher than mine..lol..

I cook, Jeannie washes the dishes..
I put any leftovers in fridge or freezer vessels and clean the stove and CI cookware (too heavy for her), if used..

We both dry and put things away.. We don't use the dish washer..

Ross

I do almost all the cooking. SO has a few dishes she makes. She also does a lot of baking but I do some too. She's a good cook.

I do all of the cooking, including outdoor grilling and I like it that way. My Souschef (hubby) makes it a pleasure as he does a lot of the prep and all of the clean up. I knew he was a keeper when the first time I ever cooked for him, he told me to go sit outside while he cleaned the kitchen. Having him by my side in the kitchen (when I want him there) is better than getting flowers every day.:flowers::wub:

Last edited:
My partner does the big stuff, but I help
My partner does everything - lucky, lucky me

I was torn between these two. Sad to say, there are more days when DH does everything, yes, lucky me, but there are some days when I can help with the cleaning up. I really do miss the days when I did all the cooking and cleaning. It is so hard to have to give up ones kitchen, right ladies?

My partner does the big stuff, but I help
My partner does everything - lucky, lucky me

I was torn between these two. Sad to say, there are more days when DH does everything, yes, lucky me, but there are some days when I can help with the cleaning up. I really do miss the days when I did all the cooking and cleaning. It is so hard to have to give up ones kitchen, right ladies?
May I gently remind you that not all of us are ladies, or even female?

I've always done most of the cooking, but since I cut back my working hours 5 years ago, my other half happily has not cooked a meal or has seen the inside of a grocery store. And just to be clear, I ain't no lady. :chef:

I've always done most of the cooking, but since I cut back my working hours 5 years ago, my other half happily has not cooked a meal or has seen the inside of a grocery store. And just to be clear, I ain't no lady. :chef:

tenspeed, if you WERE a lady, you would be working faster than tenspeed in the kitchen.:LOL: (oh, I hope you have a good sense of humor):ohmy:

It has been about the same time since DH took over the kitchen and I have not seen the inside of a grocery store since then either. I do get to look at the weekly sales ads tho and help pick out the menu for the week. And every once in a while, I go to the spice cabinet and put the spices BACK in alphabetical order. lol

lol I know that Joel, you mean there are men that hate to give up their kitchen?
Considering that many of the most renowned chefs are men, I’d say that’s a good bet!

And I’ll bet there are thousands of women, tasked with cooking for their family, who would pay someone to have their kitchen burned to the ground!

And I’ll bet there are thousands of women, tasked with cooking for their family, who would pay someone to have their kitchen burned to the ground!
I'll raise your bet. I'm betting that there are far more women (especially those that work and have kids) that would happily give up their kitchens and have someone else do the cooking than those who would be unhappy about losing it. DC members aren't a good representation of the entire population.

Gentlemen, I am sorry, apparently you have missed the point. I am talking about us few women that HAD to give up their kitchens. Not the women that would like a break now and then.

Historically, I did all the cooking, etc. Now that I live alone,I still do all the cooking, etc!

Back
Top Bottom