Who is your fave celebrity chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your fave celebrity chef?

• Emeril Lagasse

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jamie Oliver

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Jeff Smith

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Julia Child

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Mario Batali

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Nigella Lawson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rachael Ray

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other (tell us who and why in the post!)

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Giada.....Everyday Italian
Paula Dean
Barefoot Contessa
Rachael Ray
Tyler Florence

wow - this is almost the exact order I would put them in! I'm not a huge fan of Rachel, so my favs are:

Giada.....Everyday Italian
Paula Dean
Barefoot Contessa
Sandra Lee - Semi-homemade
Tyler Florence

Julia and Jacques and Julia and Jacques and Julia and Jacques.

Lidia, Marcella Hazan, Lorenza De 'Medici and Emeril!

FWIW, Alton Brown is not a chef, nor is Rachael Ray, or Sandra Lee. They are TV personalities.

A chef is someone who heads a commercial kitchen. Julia wasn't really one, either, and never claimed to be, but her show was called "the French Chef," and she's the "Grandma" of all the rest of them...

Who made up that list and included Jeff Smith? Shame on you... :ohmy:

I would have to say Anthony Bourdain is my favorite. I also like Tom Colicchio from Top Chef, Mario Batali, and Duff Goldman from Ace of Cakes.

Lidia Bastianich, Rick Bayless, Jacques Pepin, Rob Rainford, Chef Alan Harding, from Cookin in Brooklyn, Ming Tsai, Daisy Martinez. Their food is straitforward and unpretentious. I love Kylie Kwong. She rocks!!!!

CreateTv has most of the chefs I like to watch. I also look at Discovery Home, and BBC America.

Last edited:
For me I like Alton Brown because I'm definitely a novice and he is an excellent and entertaining teacher. He did graduate from culinary school ya know - I think New England, can't remember for sure.

For me I like Alton Brown because I'm definitely a novice and he is an excellent and entertaining teacher. He did graduate from culinary school ya know - I think New England, can't remember for sure.
If you like him, that's all that matters to you. Graduating from culinary school never made anyone a chef.... and many chefs did not graduate from culinary school. But they do cook in restaurants.... :ermm:

Hi ChefJune you're right about Alton:rolleyes:. It's just that all these people are so far above me I consider them to be chefs - If I answered on a different day it might be someone else!:ermm:

I'm a cook, not a chef. That's why I like the three I mentioned. I have not found a Guy recipe that I've tried that failed. I'm just building up the gadgets in my kitchen and cooking on weekends. I certainly am no chef and Emril and Mario, their stuff is too complicated just in ingredients, forget number of steps. Those make my head spin.

Back
Top Bottom