Who Is Your Favorite Celebrity Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of my favorites are Mario Batali, Bobby Flay and Alton Brown. I really like a chef that explains why different foods and ingedients do what. Also Mario gives great history lessons with his show. Another of my favorites is Mark Bittner, although he is not a chef by his own admission. I like to watch him go head to head with a pro and create a simple "home" version of a complex restaurant dish.

About some of the others mentioned...

Emeril - I do believe he has a gig that pays the bills now, and is just working the gig. I do like to watch him make things, but he gets laughs simply because he is Emeril, not because he is all that funny. Last night I saw him dump orange liquer into chocolate. I though that was a no-no, but I could be wrong.

Rachel Ray - (Like Bittner, also not a chef, by her own admission) I like her simple approach to cooking. The home cook does not have a staff and possibly not the skill with which to prep and prepare a restaurant quality meal. I have to agree with some that her "gig" does get old. I like her $40 a day show just to see the different restaurants and locations. But she IS a lousy tipper. $1.50 for a $10 meal? I tip more than that at a buffet!

Back
Top Bottom