Who loves their job/career?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're killing me. Stop!

I can't. I can't. I'm trying to choke myself to death but I can't stop.

....and Bermuda in Spring and Fall, and when bored with summers in previously destinations there was always Zurich, London, Munich, Glasgow with my golf clubs, and my all time favorite, Brussels. Caveat, BRU is my biggee because I met so many fantastic people there and still contact them (thank you Internet) often. It's numero uno on my European spots to revisit.

I lucked out, right place, right time. The opportunity will never be repeated.

"Imagine" this, John Lennon, Belgian chocolates, practically free, high end liqueirs for ten bucks a bottle at the duty free shops, 20 bucks for Scottish single malts, linens, French copper cookery, Barolos from Milano wine shops - and on and on and on.

Do I miss it? Who wouldn't? Funny thing is, my wife and I have been retired for five years and other than a few Euro trips, mostly for Scottish golf, we spend our airline time traveling to see friends and relatives. I don't believe we're burned out. It's just that our priorities have changed.

I truly hope all of you can travel a lot throughout your lives. It's an education impossible to obtain academically.

Last edited:
I have been to all the states west of the Mississippi River except Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. Also Alaska and Hawaii, never been there either. I have been all over the South, and Midwest but not the North Eastern states.
I have been to Canada... that is it. No other foreign country to date. Top of our list is Thailand, Scotland, and Ireland. Then the Mediterranean area.

Wait, what was the thread topic?? LOL. I don't have a job right now :( I have been on SSD for three years, went onto the back to work program last year, then thunk! Back down again...grrrr. But, I do have to admit that I did like installing gardens, and doing the hardscaping... but not weeding!!!!!
My preferred job, before the fall, was Help Desk, but anything dealing with problem solving and computers trips my triggers.

DW does love her job. But since she is on here now, I can let her speak for herself!

who is DW? anyway, anyone who comes over here without a spouse for a year or more is asking for trouble.......the women are very pretty and they're smart, too...they've had to learn to survive on their own

who is DW? anyway, anyone who comes over here without a spouse for a year or more is asking for trouble.......the women are very pretty and they're smart, too...they've had to learn to survive on their own

Hey, expat. Check out "Mav's wife" in the Members List. She also goes under the alias of "Serena.":LOL::LOL: Good people just like Maverick. Look into "Intros and Birthdays," too.

I am retired now but with 45 yrs. in the Restaurant/country club / owner of a restaurant
business there were some time I thought of quiting but my alternative was welding and that is so boring I could scream. but for the most part I loved my job as cook, sous chef ,and Banquet chef, Ex. chef and if I was healthy I would be in a kitchen tomorrow
That's why I volunteer for baking duty over next door for 60 seniors once a month
now this momnth I am going to be making Pizza for 60 seniors. So from cooking being a job it is now my hobby

Ha - I've finished munching on salad.

I bill myself as a 'professional gardener' rather then a run of the mill landscaper. I happen to be lucky enough to do what I love now and live within a close commute (what with gas prices now) of several well healed areas in the Chicago area. It's sort of niche industry right now but I figure it will continue to expand.

My other angle is to promote organic & green garden practices such as - not using gas powered leaf blowers & minimal use of herbicides & pesticides and installing a high percentage of plants are native or sustainable & responsible non-indigenous plants (think hostas they don't hog water or invade native habitats)

Been at this for 4 years now and still loving it.

I don't have much of a choice as I pretty much follow where my husband is posted. But I've always volunteered at the schools as I'm an elementary teacher by trade. This past year has been great----I've worked with all age groups and now am helping out with 3& 4 years old. What a bunch they are...........so different and unique and pain in the butts at the same time.........the stories I could tell.....hahaha....anyway I love it....

I loved my former job, but unfortunately they closed. The job I currently have I can't stand. mostly female employees, so a lot of cat fights, if you know what I mean. I guess I can't complain to much it's putting money in my pocket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom