"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #51
Master Chef

She is online right now, but the computer is on the floor and she is munching on a salad LOL.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #52
Head Chef

I am retired now but with 45 yrs. in the Restaurant/country club / owner of a restaurant
business there were some time I thought of quiting but my alternative was welding and that is so boring I could scream. but for the most part I loved my job as cook, sous chef ,and Banquet chef, Ex. chef and if I was healthy I would be in a kitchen tomorrow
That's why I volunteer for baking duty over next door for 60 seniors once a month
now this momnth I am going to be making Pizza for 60 seniors. So from cooking being a job it is now my hobby

Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #53
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Mav'sWife
Ha - I've finished munching on salad.

I bill myself as a 'professional gardener' rather then a run of the mill landscaper. I happen to be lucky enough to do what I love now and live within a close commute (what with gas prices now) of several well healed areas in the Chicago area. It's sort of niche industry right now but I figure it will continue to expand.

My other angle is to promote organic & green garden practices such as - not using gas powered leaf blowers & minimal use of herbicides & pesticides and installing a high percentage of plants are native or sustainable & responsible non-indigenous plants (think hostas they don't hog water or invade native habitats)

Been at this for 4 years now and still loving it.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #54
Master Chef

I don't have much of a choice as I pretty much follow where my husband is posted. But I've always volunteered at the schools as I'm an elementary teacher by trade. This past year has been great----I've worked with all age groups and now am helping out with 3& 4 years old. What a bunch they are...........so different and unique and pain in the butts at the same time.........the stories I could tell.....hahaha....anyway I love it....
Old 05-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #55
Master Chef

one our biggest challenges game me a huge hug on Friday--totally out of the blue----I'm always on his case....and he just gave me this huge hug...god, I'm such a sofitie..........
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #56
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I loved my former job, but unfortunately they closed. The job I currently have I can't stand. mostly female employees, so a lot of cat fights, if you know what I mean. I guess I can't complain to much it's putting money in my pocket.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #57
Head Chef

I wish my job had alot of female employees!