"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Listen to Expat - flannel sheets are heavenly in the winter. The first cold snap finds me dragging out the flannel sheets for all the beds. I love them.

Here's another question while we're on the topic of beds: what kind of sheets does everybody prefer? I want only 100% cotton sheets or (gulp) pure linen. (I can't afford to buy pure linen sheets, but I made some once when I found a great deal on some linen fabric and they are my favorite sheets, bar none.) I like high thread count cotton because they last longer, but I don't like the sateen ones that seem to dominate the market. The perfect cotton sheet for me is thick and just a little bit scratchy - like the ones from when I was a kid. What about ya'll?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Listen to Expat - flannel sheets are heavenly in the winter. The first cold snap finds me dragging out the flannel sheets for all the beds. I love them.

Here's another question while we're on the topic of beds: what kind of sheets does everybody prefer? I want only 100% cotton sheets or (gulp) pure linen. (I can't afford to buy pure linen sheets, but I made some once when I found a great deal on some linen fabric and they are my favorite sheets, bar none.) I like high thread count cotton because they last longer, but I don't like the sateen ones that seem to dominate the market. The perfect cotton sheet for me is thick and just a little bit scratchy - like the ones from when I was a kid. What about ya'll?
will definitely have to look into a set of pure linen sheets, Fisher's Mom.......thanks!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #33
Executive Chef

You won't thank me when you find out how much they cost, Expat.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #34
Some Like it Hot

Hey Fisher's Mom... go start you're own thread!!! :) I'm playing, please don't take me seriuosly! I love the addition of what kind of sheets!!!!

Actually, I recently procured a set of Egyptian Cotton 800 count sheets and they are heavenly!!! I have not put any other sheets on the bed since I got these things! The softest, sturdiest sheets I have ever owned and they only cost me $40!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #35
Head Chef

Here are another 5 pages of answers to the question, from last year Do you make your bed every morning?

Lee
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #36
Certified Cake Maniac

Flannel makes me claustrophobic (what doesn't?). A few years ago I made myself some nice roomy and snuggly flannel PJ's and I would get panic attacks every time I wore them to bed! I guess it doesn't breathe enough. I have tried the sheets and they aren't as bad, but still not a pleasant experience.

I have to have a top sheet and two comforters in the winter, only the top sheet in the summer.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Like it Hot View Post
Hey Fisher's Mom... go start you'r own thread!!! I'm playing, please don't take me seriuosly!

Actually, I recently procured a set of Egyptian Cotton 800 count sheets and they are heavenly!!! I have not put any other sheets on the bed since I got these things! The softest, sturdiest sheets I have ever owned and they only cost me $40!!!!
You got a hugely good deal!!! Isn't it just the best feeling slipping into a bed with fabulous sheets? But you're right, I did kinda hijack this great thread ... I'll behave now.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #38
Some Like it Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
You got a hugely good deal!!! Isn't it just the best feeling slipping into a bed with fabulous sheets? But you're right, I did kinda hijack this great thread ... I'll behave now.
Oh, I don't mind at all Fisher's Mom. I was being funny but it is hard to pull off sometimes in writing. I hate to offend anybody!

LPBeier - Sorry, had no clue this was already done.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Like it Hot View Post
Oh, I don't mind at all Fisher's Mom. I was being funny but it is hard to pull off sometimes in writing. I hate to offend anybody!

LPBeier - Sorry, had no clue this was already done.
Oh no, you didn't offend at all!!!! I knew you were joking, but it was funny because it was true!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #40
Some Like it Hot

I'm glad you understand! And BTW - I got the sheets at Overstock.com. They are having a huge sheet sell off. I may get another set!