Who makes their bed???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are right! I'm just making a mess!!! Sorry LPBeier, sorry Qsis!!!!

always straighten everything out. but take a nap every day so is really a waste of time. would never think of not having a top sheet . light comforter in summer. top sheet electric blanket comforter in winter.
i too love the egyptian cotton and anything above 300 thread count.

i bought a set from overstock that was 1000 thread count. wonderful . :cool:

We have a rule at our house, that the last person to get up in the morning is the one that makes the bed.

Usually it is my DH that gets to do it....he is retired so most of the time he is up last.

I have always said if I had a maid, one of her duties would be fresh, clean sheets EVERY day. I just love getting into a bed that is just freshly made up with clean bed linens.

I ALWAYS make my bed. I can't stand the thought or look of a rumpled bed. If I take a nap, I remake the bed.

I make the bed every morning, bugs me if it isn't made. I don't think I have every actually seen the wife make it, just maybe straighten it up some. And I do use military corners and all, just like my dad (Marine) taught me.

I pull the blankets and sheet up so it "looks" made,I could care less if it's totally neat, as long as I can cover up I don't care what it looks like. Hubby has to have it all straight and neat before he goes to sleep so it made then. DD just rolls out of bed and closes the door. If friends are coming over she does straighten them.

Somebody is always sleeping in my bed! DH is a night owl. I am almost a night owl but usually hit the sac around 1 - 3 am. DH don't get up till 1 pm or so. My bed is messy and only is made up when the sheets are changed. I think a room looks better when the bed is made. I just close my eyes as I walk through so I don't see it!

i love this thread and remember the one from last year. Yes, I have to make my bed or who knows what will happen. I also am on a search for the softest sheets. My current favorites are like t - shirt material, wonderful.

...I think a room looks better when the bed is made. I just close my eyes as I walk through so I don't see it!
My best friend and her family just moved. There is only one bathroom in the house, and you have to go through the master bedroom to get to it. Christi said, "I'm going to have to make sure I keep my bed made." I responded, "You'll either have to make your bed or only invite family and good friends over!"

:)Barbara

i used to make my bed every morning as soon as i got up but almost 2 years ago i became disabled and now i have a house keeper that does it for me.

Army training sticks with you, like it or not. Also hang my clothes in the closet the same way they trained me; separated by type, color & etc.; all facing to the right. You'd think after 40 years some of it would go away.....

I always wake WAY before my husband, and house rule is that last in bed, makes the bed. I make the bed maybe four times a year. When we were both gainfully employed (the first decade plus of our marriage), I made a point of buying great looking, color coordinated sheets and quilts, etc, so even if it wasn't made up, it looked kinda nice.

aww, c'mon. you can't bounce a quarter off of a quilt.

ok, maybe special forces or airborne can...

i am of the camp that a bed gets reused often, so unless there's an inspection, why bother.

on the other hand, dw has had cats longer than i, so i think she's worked out some deal with them to always provide a plethora of pillows and quilted beadspreads, with corners that exceed mil specs.

i love this thread and remember the one from last year. Yes, I have to make my bed or who knows what will happen. I also am on a search for the softest sheets. My current favorites are like t - shirt material, wonderful.

We have sheets in Mexico (bought here) that are t-shirt material. LOVE THEM!!! They are so comfy! I haven't been able to find any more but when I do I'll buy more for here. They are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. :cool::)

Army training sticks with you, like it or not. Also hang my clothes in the closet the same way they trained me; separated by type, color & etc.; all facing to the right. You'd think after 40 years some of it would go away.....
I've never been in the military, but I hang everything separated by type (not color though) and all facing to the right. I didn't originally plan to hang everything facing right. They just naturally go on that way when I put them on hangers.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom