"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #51
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I pull the blankets and sheet up so it "looks" made,I could care less if it's totally neat, as long as I can cover up I don't care what it looks like. Hubby has to have it all straight and neat before he goes to sleep so it made then. DD just rolls out of bed and closes the door. If friends are coming over she does straighten them.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #52
Master Chef

Somebody is always sleeping in my bed! DH is a night owl. I am almost a night owl but usually hit the sac around 1 - 3 am. DH don't get up till 1 pm or so. My bed is messy and only is made up when the sheets are changed. I think a room looks better when the bed is made. I just close my eyes as I walk through so I don't see it!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #53
Senior Cook

i love this thread and remember the one from last year. Yes, I have to make my bed or who knows what will happen. I also am on a search for the softest sheets. My current favorites are like t - shirt material, wonderful.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #54
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
...I think a room looks better when the bed is made. I just close my eyes as I walk through so I don't see it!
My best friend and her family just moved. There is only one bathroom in the house, and you have to go through the master bedroom to get to it. Christi said, "I'm going to have to make sure I keep my bed made." I responded, "You'll either have to make your bed or only invite family and good friends over!"

Barbara
Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #55
Executive Chef

i used to make my bed every morning as soon as i got up but almost 2 years ago i became disabled and now i have a house keeper that does it for me.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 AM   #56
Sous Chef

Army training sticks with you, like it or not. Also hang my clothes in the closet the same way they trained me; separated by type, color & etc.; all facing to the right. You'd think after 40 years some of it would go away.....
Old 10-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #57
Master Chef

I always wake WAY before my husband, and house rule is that last in bed, makes the bed. I make the bed maybe four times a year. When we were both gainfully employed (the first decade plus of our marriage), I made a point of buying great looking, color coordinated sheets and quilts, etc, so even if it wasn't made up, it looked kinda nice.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #58
Chef Extraordinaire

aww, c'mon. you can't bounce a quarter off of a quilt.

ok, maybe special forces or airborne can...

i am of the camp that a bed gets reused often, so unless there's an inspection, why bother.

on the other hand, dw has had cats longer than i, so i think she's worked out some deal with them to always provide a plethora of pillows and quilted beadspreads, with corners that exceed mil specs.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #59
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
i love this thread and remember the one from last year. Yes, I have to make my bed or who knows what will happen. I also am on a search for the softest sheets. My current favorites are like t - shirt material, wonderful.

We have sheets in Mexico (bought here) that are t-shirt material. LOVE THEM!!! They are so comfy! I haven't been able to find any more but when I do I'll buy more for here. They are cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #60
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave the baker View Post
Army training sticks with you, like it or not. Also hang my clothes in the closet the same way they trained me; separated by type, color & etc.; all facing to the right. You'd think after 40 years some of it would go away.....
I've never been in the military, but I hang everything separated by type (not color though) and all facing to the right. I didn't originally plan to hang everything facing right. They just naturally go on that way when I put them on hangers.

Barbara