"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
Some Like it Hot

Who makes their bed???

Hi!!!

Not a thing to do with cooking, my apologies. But I could not resist to ask this question! I'm pass by my bed and realize that although I keep a rather clean house, I hate making my bed, hate it! So my bed always looks well slept in. I have met folks and have friends that make their bed religously, I mean the first thing they do upon waking is 'MAKE THE BED'.

How many of you actually make your bed every day? The only time my bed gets made is when I put clean sheets on, am I lazy or what???

Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
No way. It's just gonna get messed up again later anyway so I just close the door. I'm lazy.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I made my bed this weekend because my daughter was having a party at the house. I'll do it again, the next time we have a party at the house.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I'm the same way....I usually only make my bed completely when we will have company and theres a chance someone might go upstairs to view the house (new house) other than that or an occasional cleaning spree...very occasional!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Sorry-I guess I'm the "Felix Unger" here-can't even think about leaving the bedroom in the AM until I make the bed!-My Mom would be so proud!!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
Head Chef

Two things influence my bed making first and foremost was my mother (My she rest in peace) would have snatched me bald headed if I had not made my bed
The second influence was my drill instructor in boot camp he made a LASTING!!!!!!!! impression on me on making a bed. I make a military bed every morning habit I guess
Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
Sous Chef

I make it when I wash the sheets. I leave in unmade in the hopes that I might get a nap that day. (-:

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #8
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Like it Hot View Post
Hi!!!

Not a thing to do with cooking, my apologies. But I could not resist to ask this question! I'm pass by my bed and realize that although I keep a rather clean house, I hate making my bed, hate it! So my bed always looks well slept in. I have met folks and have friends that make their bed religously, I mean the first thing they do upon waking is 'MAKE THE BED'.

How many of you actually make your bed every day? The only time my bed gets made is when I put clean sheets on, am I lazy or what???
This is the off topic forum, so you don't need to apologize!

No, I usually do not make my bed. I always feel better getting into a nicely made bed, so I really should make it, but about all I do it pull the covers up so that the dog doesn't get dirt on the sheets when he jumps on the bed.

My mom (who did make her bed) had a cute little sign in her bedroom. It had a picture of a Spuds Mackenzie type dog and it said (do this in a Dirty Harry voice), "Go ahead. Make my bed."

Barbara
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Wow, I'm so glad to read this thread. I never make my bed except when I change the sheets, but I thought it was my dirty little secret and that I was the only one. I do change my sheets a lot because I love fresh sheets and I use nice, tight hospital corners, too.

In the same vein, how many here use a top sheet? I always do for my bed but my kids just use a fitted bottom sheet and a comforter on top. Of course, the comforter has a cover that gets washed regularly. What about ya'll?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:08 AM   #10
Head Chef

This may sound strange but I have to make my bed before I get in it. It can go unmade all day long but at bedtime, I have to get all of the wrinkles out and make it up all nice and neat and then climb in. It must be some sort of psychological disorder or something but I just can't sleep in an unmade bed. Oh, and I have to have a top sheet too!