Who makes their bed???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Some Like it Hot

Hi!!!

:rolleyes: Not a thing to do with cooking, my apologies. But I could not resist to ask this question! I'm pass by my bed and realize that although I keep a rather clean house, I hate making my bed, hate it! So my bed always looks well slept in. I have met folks and have friends that make their bed religously, I mean the first thing they do upon waking is 'MAKE THE BED'.

How many of you actually make your bed every day? The only time my bed gets made is when I put clean sheets on, am I lazy or what??? :LOL:

I made my bed this weekend because my daughter was having a party at the house. I'll do it again, the next time we have a party at the house.

I'm the same way....I usually only make my bed completely when we will have company and theres a chance someone might go upstairs to view the house (new house) other than that or an occasional cleaning spree...very occasional!

Sorry-I guess I'm the "Felix Unger" here-can't even think about leaving the bedroom in the AM until I make the bed!-My Mom would be so proud!!:)

Two things influence my bed making first and foremost was my mother (My she rest in peace) would have snatched me bald headed if I had not made my bed
The second influence was my drill instructor in boot camp he made a LASTING!!!!!!!! impression on me on making a bed. I make a military bed every morning habit I guess

I make it when I wash the sheets. I leave in unmade in the hopes that I might get a nap that day. (-:

Hi!!!

:rolleyes: Not a thing to do with cooking, my apologies. But I could not resist to ask this question! I'm pass by my bed and realize that although I keep a rather clean house, I hate making my bed, hate it! So my bed always looks well slept in. I have met folks and have friends that make their bed religously, I mean the first thing they do upon waking is 'MAKE THE BED'.

How many of you actually make your bed every day? The only time my bed gets made is when I put clean sheets on, am I lazy or what??? :LOL:
This is the off topic forum, so you don't need to apologize!

No, I usually do not make my bed. I always feel better getting into a nicely made bed, so I really should make it, but about all I do it pull the covers up so that the dog doesn't get dirt on the sheets when he jumps on the bed.

My mom (who did make her bed) had a cute little sign in her bedroom. It had a picture of a Spuds Mackenzie type dog and it said (do this in a Dirty Harry voice), "Go ahead. Make my bed." :LOL:

:)Barbara

Wow, I'm so glad to read this thread. I never make my bed except when I change the sheets, but I thought it was my dirty little secret and that I was the only one. I do change my sheets a lot because I love fresh sheets and I use nice, tight hospital corners, too.

In the same vein, how many here use a top sheet? I always do for my bed but my kids just use a fitted bottom sheet and a comforter on top. Of course, the comforter has a cover that gets washed regularly. What about ya'll?

This may sound strange but I have to make my bed before I get in it. It can go unmade all day long but at bedtime, I have to get all of the wrinkles out and make it up all nice and neat and then climb in. It must be some sort of psychological disorder or something but I just can't sleep in an unmade bed. :huh: Oh, and I have to have a top sheet too!

I have to have a top sheet. James couldn't care less, but I don't like the feel of the blanket right against me, I have to feel that cool sheet. When it is hot, I think the top sheet makes me feel cooler (sometimes all I use is the top sheet), but when it is cold, I think it helps hold the heat from the blankets in better.

:)Barbara

I make it every day....always did when I was a kid, my mom insisted on it. There was a few years when I let it go when my own kids were very small, but not the case any longer. The rooms in my home are small and unkempt beds just makes the mess seem more unmanageable.

I dont make it as soon as I get out, but usually when I go to get ready after a shower.
DH does not make it. ever.
Sometimes I make it right before I get in for the night.... call me OCD but I can't get in an unmade bed and sleep.

Wow, I'm so glad to read this thread. I never make my bed except when I change the sheets, but I thought it was my dirty little secret and that I was the only one. I do change my sheets a lot because I love fresh sheets and I use nice, tight hospital corners, too.

In the same vein, how many here use a top sheet? I always do for my bed but my kids just use a fitted bottom sheet and a comforter on top. Of course, the comforter has a cover that gets washed regularly. What about ya'll?

Same here

This may sound strange but I have to make my bed before I get in it. It can go unmade all day long but at bedtime, I have to get all of the wrinkles out and make it up all nice and neat and then climb in. It must be some sort of psychological disorder or something but I just can't sleep in an unmade bed. :huh: Oh, and I have to have a top sheet too!

Ok.. you win the prize!!! One thing to make a bed in the morning, but to make it up right before you retire, borderline crazy!!! :LOL: I'm joking!!!

I enjoy reading your responses! I know a few of you mentioned the feel of fresh sheets - I could not agree more!!!

I make my bed every morning. Of course, there's different levels of "made" :wacko:
I have a waterbed. I pull the sheet and comforter up over everything, no tucking. The cat likes to sleep under the covers during the day and he can get under the covers easier :rolleyes: That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

never saw this thread.
I never used to.
didn't see the point, just gonna get back in later right?
one day the neighbor kid came over to help us do eggs for Easter. she ended up eating the whole can or smoked oysters but that's a different subject.
anyway, her mom came to retrieve her, and we started talking.
somehow the subject of bed making came up.
let me know she'd been in my house when I didn't know it.
but, after wondering about that, I reheard her comment.
"yea, you don't make your bed...." I thought, ''what?'' how dare her say that, how dare her know that, how dare her embarrass me and bring that to my attention and the attention of her mother too, who's other name was Mrs. Clean?
From that day forward, as soon as I get out of bed, no matter the time of day even 4:00 am, I get out and make it. Husband even gives me a hard time cause there are tons of pillows on it and he'll say, "honey, I'm just gonna have to take them all off, it's okay to make the bed but leave off the pillows." my thoughts are, the bed's not made unless the pillows, all 839 of them, are in place.
I even make the kids beds when I'm there at their houses. No, really...........

reminds me, I gotta change our sheets today....thanks for the reminder

I make mine every day. If I don't work, I make it while cleaning. If I'm working, I make it before I go to bed, lol. I HAVE to have sheets and blankets straight. DH thinks I'm psychotic with this and LOVES to throw the covers off right after I make it, lol JERK!! LOL

As I leave in the AM (About 4:45 AM) there are two labs and DW in the bed. I would get in trouble if I made it. When I get home it is usually made.

AC

Back
Top Bottom