Who needs a vacation & why.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i need one from school. we just tightened 3rd cycle to completion with practicals/finals week. very stressful, :huh::blink::dry:though maybe i made the dean's list. i'm not aware of if i did yet.:ermm::blush:

i'm not gonna hafta be a student for 4 days! we get a vacation! whew!

now, let's hear your vacation needs.....

Self employed, haven't had a vacation since ought 4, I think it was.
I do get a day off every now and then.

A full weekend off is considered vacation. Keeps me less insane. :)

OMG! I do, my mother is wearing me out emotionally, physically, etc...
She's 82, but has dementia and acts like a bratty 6 year old most of the time.
Beam me up Scotty, I've had enough:shock::wacko:

Self employed, haven't had a vacation since ought 4, I think it was.
I do get a day off every now and then.

A full weekend off is considered vacation. Keeps me less insane. :)

I know what you mean, GrillingFool. I'm self-employed, too. The last vacation Buck and I took was in 2001 when we drove back to Pennsylvania to visit his mother and help her move. Yeah, some vacation. At least the scenery was different.

I could really use a REAL vacation, but I don't see that happening. However, my weekend this weekend with Constance and her DH is going to be a breath of fresh air.

OMG! I do, my mother is wearing me out emotionally, physically, etc...
She's 82, but has dementia and acts like a bratty 6 year old most of the time.
Beam me up Scotty, I've had enough:shock::wacko:

I was going to whine a little but nothing I could share tops that. I vote if we are handing out vacations you can have mine!

aww, katie, you're meeting connie & her love? we met barbara & maidrite last year; was great!

I need a vacation because everything around here keeps breaking down and costing me mucho moolah! Today I had a round of smiling HVAC contractors giving estimates on replacing both the inside and outside units. I'd rather be on the beach sipping a bloody mary.

I could regale you about life on dialysis, but I wont, I'll just say I would give anything for just on day free to do anything I please with out being tied to a pole and bags of solution..
getoutofmykitchen,I know how tired you are sweetie, My mom had dementia and it was so hard to watch my sweet little mom, become someone else,what I'd give tho just to spend some time with her once again.. to hear her voice..I miss her and my dad so much.
kadesma

I was going to say I need a vacation because I haven't been on one since I got married 20 years ago, I have stresses in my life but nothing compared to some that you other members have. So for those of you that feel like you can't take anymore you can have my vacation.

I could regale you about life on dialysis, but I wont, I'll just say I would give anything for just on day free to do anything I please with out being tied to a pole and bags of solution..
getoutofmykitchen,I know how tired you are sweetie, My mom had dementia and it was so hard to watch my sweet little mom, become someone else,what I'd give tho just to spend some time with her once again.. to hear her voice..I miss her and my dad so much.
kadesma

O.K. your right. I can't stand the thought of her dying, but I know it's gonna happen someday in the near future. She has really declined in the last several months. My DH did get me away for the day last month, he took me to visit his aunt on the east coast of FL. It was wonderful to get out, but I worried about her all day. I know my sister was with her, but she ignores her and stays in her room. I'll have plenty of time for vacations later.

I haven't been on vacation since 1986 . I guess I could use a vacation but I hate leaving my beloved furbabies, I don't trust anyone to take care of them like I do.
I could use a day to myself . Living with a retired hubby is not fun.

Back
Top Bottom