Who remembers this fun from the 80s?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a machine on a land line! My hubby is an engineer so he's very much into the "just the facts m'am" type of message. I always wanted something cool like these. They still could be used on cells for voicemail.

i love, 'leave a message on my phone'. great thread. 'member mullets?

(i own a landline fer local calls or when my cell isn't working. & an answering maching machine that won't work.)

Last edited:
Minor rant:
It should be a law that all recorded messages must identify the speaker, by name
or number reached.

Don't be so narcissistic to think that everyone knows your voice by ear. ;) ;)

I remember that!!! We ditched our land line and answering machine a while back. But yea, those were a hoot!

Yeah I do.
Have you ever misdialed and not known it?

I just consider it to be a bit of a failure of common politeness and etiquette...
But I am old fashioned that way, Andy.

I misdialed this morning. I was making phone calls for apartments and I called one, told her I couldn't take it, and hung up. I was calling the apartment I was taking, and I ended up dialing the number of the one I said I wasn't.. embarassing!

Yeah I do.

I just consider it to be a bit of a failure of common politeness and etiquette...
i could not disagree more. If some stranger calls me the last thing I want to do is give them my personal information. If you are calling me you should know who you are calling.

I have both. The cell phones are not nearly close enough to be where they should be, but maybe in a couple of years we'll catch up.

:LOL:LOL...what's the white rectangle thing with 2 holes in it?

j/k

I still can't listen to Keep on Lovin You (REO Speedwagon) with out the "Cha-chunk" of the 8 track right at the guitar solo. :angel:

Minor rant:
It should be a law that all recorded messages must identify the speaker, by name
or number reached.

Don't be so narcissistic to think that everyone knows your voice by ear. ;) ;)

I don't think that always helps though...

I get a lot of these

"Hi this is John, please leave a message and I'll get back to you"
"Yeah, this is for Steve...." :wacko:

GB - do you mean when someone calls you, you answer, "Hello?", and they say, "Who is this?"

I have been super busy at work, had three phone lines going, had to make another call and forgot who I was dialing - had to hang up when they answered and start over...

I consider it a matter of privacy. Any Tom, Dick or Harry who calls to sell me something using a random number dialer now has my name and phone number.

If I misdial a number, I simply ask for the person I was calling. That usually gets me the information I need. Then I apologize and redial.

Yeah I do.

These days, I don't want to give out any more info that needed... but then I think of all the posts on this forum.... hmmmmm! I probably give way more out here than on an answering machine with my name and number. :LOL:

GB - do you mean when someone calls you, you answer, "Hello?", and they say, "Who is this?"

I have been super busy at work, had three phone lines going, had to make another call and forgot who I was dialing - had to hang up when they answered and start over...
I do not understand your question.

What I was saying is that on my home answering machine I do not have any personal info recorded. When you get my answering machine my message just says we are not available to answer the phone. Please leave a message.

I will not say this is Jim Smith at 555-555-5555 yadda yadda yadda as I do not want to give that info to just anyone who calls. If, but do not know my name or phone number then you really do not need to be calling me.

On my phone answering machine I'm going to re-record the message with me singing one of the Crazy Calls songs!!! That'll be great. Totally throw everyone off.

Back
Top Bottom