Who smokes cigars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
I started this habi.......I mean hobby over amonth ago and quickly moved up tp hand made premium cigars. Yummy!

Hiya, Bang. Long time no see.

Don't know about the fancy ones, but cigars always remind me of both of my grandfathers, and that's a good thing.

I don't like the fruity-smelling ones, though. Same with pipe tobacco.

mudbug said:
Hiya, Bang. Long time no see.

Don't know about the fancy ones, but cigars always remind me of both of my grandfathers, and that's a good thing.

I don't like the fruity-smelling ones, though. Same with pipe tobacco.

My dad and great great granfather smoked cigars and a pipe. I love that smell.

That's very interesting...I also love the smell of a good cigar because of my grandfather. He had a big old leather easy chair sitting by the fireplace, and after supper, he'd sit there and enjoy his cigar and a newspaper.
I loved to sit on the floor at his knees and lean my back against the chair. He'd fill the cigar wrapper up with exhaled cigar smoke and give it to me to inhale.

That was on week-nights. On Sundays, the smoke came out of a glass tube. Cuban cigars were still legal her back then, and so was graft.

I've been known to enjoy a good cigar myself. Last time we went to Key West, we went to the cigar factory, where a lot of Cuban immigrants work. Their tobacco comes mostly from Nicaragua, not Cuba, but the Cubans know how to blend it and roll the cigars, which is an art in it's self.
I like the big, fat rich tasting ones. Aroma is as important as the taste. I wish I knew how describe it, but it doesn't smell like cherry.

Last edited:
I also enjoy a decent stogie from time to time. Not on a regular basis though. I really prefer a nice mild smoke such as a Macanudo or a Romao & Julieta. I can't handle the strong ones:sick:

JohnL said:
I also enjoy a decent stogie from time to time. Not on a regular basis though. I really prefer a nice mild smoke such as a Macanudo or a Romao & Julieta. I can't handle the strong ones:sick:

Romeo y Julieta are great smokes.

Back
Top Bottom