Who was the first person... Discussion inspired by GB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
What are some things that were probably not very popular at the time someone thought of them... and these things should be things that we say, "HOW could someone think of that?"

GB's example on a thread:
"how about the first person to eat what came out of a chickens butt?"
Who was the first person to think it would be a good idea to drink what came out of the cows teets when they were pulled?
Or.. who's great idea was it to make soup out of a swallows saliva (birds nest soup)?

*I hope you don't mind me quoting you GB!

Ok, you guys, gather up all these miscellaneous leftover sheep parts and, uh, let's see, mix them up with some oats to disguise their taste. Wait! Here's the sheep's stomach. Jam all that oats and stuff in the stomach, tie up the openings and cook it. How? Toss it in a pot of water and boil it for a couple of days!

And the first guy who ate an oyster or a clam must have been REALLY hungry. And pleasantly surprised later.

The brave man who took that first bite of the moldy blue cheese that one winter night because there was nothing else to eat...

LOL I don't mind at all Saph. I cracked up when I opened this thread.

OK how about the dude who said hey lets take this creepy looking thing out of the sea and boil it till it turns red then crack its exoskeleton off and dip it in animal fat that has been melted.

Hey, lets take these coffee beans (that have, consequently, been pooped out by a cat because he couldn't digest it) and sell them for $300.00/lb!

Lets get a bunch of ladies to sit around a big pot and give them a bunch of roots to chew. Have them spit the juice into the pot until it fills up. Then pour that into cups and pass it around to drink.

Not sure what it is called. I actually think there are many variations of it. Usually it is found in African countries I think. I am pretty sure it ferments too and they get drunk off it.

Nothing to do with eating, but I always wondered what kind of a person it was that decided to tie a super long stretchy rope around their ankles and jump off a tall object like a bridge. I don't think that's the intended use for a bungee cord.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom