Who would you invite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have a party.
Jesus
Hitler
Stalin
Theodore Roosevelt
....had to add Sitting Bull and Chief Pontiac

Last edited:
oooh, beth - naughty naughty

I can think of so many interesting people that I would break bread with, in no particular order and couldnt' give a specific reason. They just strike a chord:

Winston Churchill
Leonardo Da Vinci
Sam Clemens (Mark Twain)
George Harrison
Eleanor of Aquitaine
Josephine Baker
Janis and Jimi
Daniel Pearl
Edward R. Murrow
Ernest Hemingway
Captain James Cook
Sitting Bull
Henry Ford
Dorothy Parker

there's probably more. I should rent a room.............

I've been thinking about this, and I think I'd have to say Carl Sagan.

Other contenders were: Ernest Hemingway, Humphrey Bogart, Ben Franklin, William Shakespeare, Cleopatra, Moses, Aristotle...

And Jesus of Nazareth, for sure.

I've read some of their biographies / autobiographies, I would would love to get them in the same room. James Beard, MFK Fisher, and Julia Child.

If I weren't inviting them to be angry... then I'd probibly like to have supper with the Brothers Grimm or Hans Christian Anderson... other possibilities are Einstein, Homer, Richard Harris, Elvis (not a HUGE fan but no denying he changed music alot...), Billy the Kid, Bonny Anne, Mary Read, and Mary Queen of Scots... hope they don't all come at once or won't have room at my table....

the author Eudora Welty...she writes so beautifully you can taste her descriptions of the family meal. I think she would be an incredibly interesting and gracious guest. So would Julia Child.

Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplan or maybe Syd Barrett.

I would love to entertain Giada Di Laurentis...:mrgreen:

I would invite Oodgeroo Noonuccal, an Australian poet (formerly known as Kath Walker). She had such grace and quiet determination to see a more accepting Australia. I was fortunate enough to meet her when I was a young girl, and I have never ever forgotten her.

http://www.frontrowvideo.com.au/details/f0031.htm

sparrowgrass and sc, i'd be right there whichya.

t.r. and sacagawea would be 2 of my choices, as well as john muir, and henry flagler.

hmmm, i'd like to get moses, jesus, buddha, and muhammed all to sit down and hash this thing out, once and for all.

and no jesus, you can't have your "peeps" with you.

muhammed, i'm guessing you're not gonna order wine, so we'll have seperate bar tabs.
actually, forget the tab. just give the water pitcher to jesus.

and chill out buddha! we're all hungry, and get cranky with low blood sugar. you should get up on the exercise bike once in a while, ya know. and if you plan on sitting like that, please put on underwear... sheesh!

and would someone go outside and get moses. he keeps talking to the grill, writing stuff down.

buckytom said:
sparrowgrass and sc, i'd be right there whichya.

t.r. and sacagawea would be 2 of my choices, as well as john muir, and henry flagler.

hmmm, i'd like to get moses, jesus, buddha, and muhammed all to sit down and hash this thing out, once and for all.

and no jesus, you can't have your "peeps" with you.

muhammed, i'm guessing you're not gonna order wine, so we'll have seperate bar tabs.
actually, forget the tab. just give the water pitcher to jesus.

and chill out buddha! we're all hungry, and get cranky with low blood sugar. you should get up on the exercise bike once in a while, ya know. and if you plan on sitting like that, please put on underwear... sheesh!

and would someone go outside and get moses. he keeps talking to the grill, writing stuff down.

Wow, BT. I think you've managed to offend everyone! :ohmy:

Loprraine said:
I've read some of their biographies / autobiographies, I would would love to get them in the same room. James Beard, MFK Fisher, and Julia Child.

and wouldn't you eat well, Loprraine! Think I'll join you. Could we ask Monsieur Pepin to attend?

"Could we ask Monsieur Pepin to attend?"

We could, and wouldn't that be great!! But, I thought it had to be dead folks. What a foursome that would be. :)

I would have to invite either Jesus(water into wine....waiter,More water please!),or Thomas Edison. I would like to see what he thinks of all of the advances since his day.

Back
Top Bottom