Who would you invite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tremendously hard to pick just one soul...(The late, great) Hunter S. Thompson would undoubtedly surface to the top of my list.

I've been asked this before ... Julia. Not just for her cooking (that would intimidate her) but because of her military history, which I can really identify with.

Barbara Walters and Oprah Winfrey-----what an interesting evening that would be and if they didn't mind we could throw in Star Jones and Rosie O'Donnell just for the fireworks factor-----Ha!!! As you can see--I want entertainment for that night.

I think we're looking for famous deceased people. But if you do have them over for dinner, can I come? I LOVE drama.:LOL:

you're right---I'm tired and not paying attention--okay this should be the start of a new thread----ha!! Deceased--ok----then all of Henry VIII's wives----what were you girls thinking????????????

They all went head over heels for him. You would think they would have a head on their shoulders.:LOL:

Robert Burns.
Good looking, poetry of great sensitivity and FUN, oh and an eye for the ladies.

thumpershere2 said:
Johnny Cash/June carter Cash
That would be so awesome!!!

The first person I thought of when I saw this thread was Lincoln too. A few others pop into mind. Malcolm X, JFK, Barishnikov, Brad Pitt (I'd like to see what he's really like, not from what we see at the movies and from the paparazzi, he could bring his family. I'm sure Aidan would love to play with his kids), David Sedaris would be a riot.

Claire said:
I've been asked this before ... Julia. Not just for her cooking (that would intimidate her) but because of her military history, which I can really identify with.
Claire, Julia wasn't in the military, she was in the OSS, which was the forerunner of the CIA.

Just one person? hmmmmm :ermm: not sure I could pick just one.... three maybe.

the german actor Heinz Rühmann.
As a kid I adored his films.. and I still enjoy them...

or Alexander the Great.

I watched a movie on t.v. not long ago about Anne Frank. I'd like to sit with her and hear the stories she had to tell of her life before the Holocaust and during. I'm sure her diaries only held a small portion of what she and her family endured during the Holocaust. I'm not Jewish but my heart goes out to all those that suffered.

Annie Oakley.......I'm very much into learning more about women in the 1800's and she truely amazed me.

Florence Nightingale......a pioneer of modern nursing.

Piccolina said:
Tremendously hard to pick just one soul...(The late, great) Hunter S. Thompson would undoubtedly surface to the top of my list.

good one, picco! then we could have Fear and Loathing at the Dinner Table.
Beverages would be no problem, but d'ya think we could get him to eat any food? Maybe if we called it gonzo..........

Actually, I did know (i.e, Julia/OSS) but there is such a strong connection at that point in history that I made an OOoops.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom