Who would you invite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
If you could have dinner with a famous deceased person , who would it be and why?

I would love to have dinner with Abraham Lincoln. I have always admired him. I would love to know the real man. I have heard so many conflicting stories about him, both good and bad.

Jack the Ripper.

OK, OK, I'd have to pick the menu.

And no steak knives on the table.

But then I would know who he was.

Author Erma Bombeck, her books are so funny and so true. She wrote-

A Marriage Made in Heaven or Too Tired for an Affair

When You Look Like Your Passport Photo, It's Time To Go Home

I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression

The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank

Among others.
This is one of her quotes
"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."

Last edited:
I'd invite John Lennon.
It would be nice to thank him for all of the great music that he wrote and performed.

I think I'd invite Meriwether Lewis & William Clark and talk with them about their fantastic journey across our then unexplored country and about visiting all the local native tribes. That must have been (and was) a journey of a lifetime (not counting all the hardships they went through).

Helen Keller. Since I was old enough to read her biographies and autobiorgraphy, she has been my inspiration.

James Beard

He was supposed to come for a big Mexican dinner a friend and I were cooking (the friend invited him). Sadly he had a major coronary the week before he was supposed to come and never made it. I was scared to death then - now I think it would be a ball!

pdswife said:
Gandhi.

I think we all need some lessons in love and peace.
I'm sorry, but I cannot resist recalling a story to you. Recently, my boyfriend and I went to Punta Cana. My two young adult children joined us. My daughter is a new vegetarian, and I suspect she has become one because she succumbed to peer pressure. While we were in Punta Cana we enjoyed some magnificent meals at the resort and there were many many choices for a budding vegetarian. One evening, we dined in a restaurant that mostly catered to carnivores. I was willing to walk with her to another one of the restaurants to help her assemble a plate of suitable viands but, instead, she opted to eat what was being served in the rodizio. (The place was all inclusive, and they would have happily accomodated this request. Also, she knew we wanted to eat in the rodizio. Also, she had already dined on seafood since our arrival at the resort.) My son was giving her a small amount of needling up to this point about her being a lapsed vegetarian. However, once she decided to eat meat in the rodizio, he looked her square in the eye and remarked "Ghandi would have found something to eat".
I'm sorry if I've lost something in the translation of the event, but it was hilarious at the time. I never knew it, but, apparently, Ghandi was a vegetarian, and quite obviously, a better man than my daughter:angel:!

VeraBlue said:
I'm sorry, but I cannot resist recalling a story to you. Recently, my boyfriend and I went to Punta Cana. My two young adult children joined us. My daughter is a new vegetarian, and I suspect she has become one because she succumbed to peer pressure. While we were in Punta Cana we enjoyed some magnificent meals at the resort and there were many many choices for a budding vegetarian. One evening, we dined in a restaurant that mostly catered to carnivores. I was willing to walk with her to another one of the restaurants to help her assemble a plate of suitable viands but, instead, she opted to eat what was being served in the rodizio. (The place was all inclusive, and they would have happily accomodated this request. Also, she knew we wanted to eat in the rodizio. Also, she had already dined on seafood since our arrival at the resort.) My son was giving her a small amount of needling up to this point about her being a lapsed vegetarian. However, once she decided to eat meat in the rodizio, he looked her square in the eye and remarked "Ghandi would have found something to eat".
I'm sorry if I've lost something in the translation of the event, but it was hilarious at the time. I never knew it, but, apparently, Ghandi was a vegetarian, and quite obviously, a better man than my daughter:angel:!

LOL, Verablue! My SO's granddaughter is a "vegetarian" who loves king crab legs and chicken nuggets.

I guess they're relaxed vegetarians. :angel:

VeraBlue said:
Helen Keller. Since I was old enough to read her biographies and autobiorgraphy, she has been my inspiration.

okay, my turn to digress a bit.

My dear dear father had, uhmmm, an unusual sense of humor. He told many jokes, most of which I have forgotten, except this one.

How did Helen Kellers' parents punish her?:(

They rearranged the furniture:ohmy: ...........

Back
Top Bottom