Who's the biggest glutton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
All right, fess up. What's the most you ever ate in one sitting? I have five truly memorable occasions.

1. When I was about 14, my dad took me to a place that had half pounder hamburgers. He challenged me that if I could eat one, he would buy me a second. I ate the two burgers, and an order of fries with a large strawberry malt.

2. We have another place that sells 2/3 pound burgers. Was with a buddy who challenged me the same way my Dad had done 2 years before. I ate the same menu as above.

3. Same scenario, but at Wendy's for the first time (19 years old now). Fellow sailor bet me I couldn't eat one Wendy's tripple. I said I could eat two, plus fries, chilli, and a malt. He lost the bet.

4. At the end of a day of snowmobiling with my parents, we went to the clubhouse that had sponsored the event. They had a huge pot of steamed hot dogs, another of baked beans. I was 17 years old at this time. I pigged out on 19 hot dogs and three plates of beans.

5. And finally, My Mother took my cousin (same age as me, about 16 at the time) to a local fish restaurant. It was all the perch you could eat for $1.25 per person (I know, I'm old). Between Ron and myself, we pollished off 5 large platters of fish, and a couple plates of fries.

And the amazing thing, I entered the U.S. Navy at age nineteen with a total weight of 103 lbs! Now if I look at food, I gain 3 pounds. Oh to be a teen again, but come to think of it, I wouldn't be able to afford enough food to feed me.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Will have to think on that one, GW. The only things that come to mind are some of HH's exploits when he was wooing and wining/dining me and that time at IHOP when I ordered hash browns and potato pancakes for the same meal. Guess I had a potato jones that night, but it wasn't the amount I ate that killed me.

ok.. I'll admit it ( again) I know I've mentioned my "Deep pig Laze Outs" before...
but here goes.

On the first weekend of hunting season... Paul takes off on Friday afternoon and doesn't come home until Sunday night. I head for the store.
I buy junk food of every varity!! Ice cream, cake, candy, dingdongs, Twinkies, chips and dip, pudding anything at all the catches my eye. I go to the video store and get a couple chick flicks and to the library to get a few good books and then head home. I call the local pizza delivery place and order a LARGE pizza and then I make a very comfy nest on the couch. After the pizza man comes I snuggle down in my nest and the fun begins. For the next two days... I watch tv, I read books, I nap and I eat and eat. The only work I'm allowed to do is make the pudding and open containers. It's my favorite weekend of the year. ( Paul knows about the pizza but so far I've "forgotten" to tell him about the rest. lol)

1995/1996 college year at Bethel College. Midnight snack consists of two large, thin crust pepperoni pizzas and a six pack of Sprite from Dominos. Usually nothing remained, and I was the only one consuming it at one sitting. Otherwise, I'm usually good for three heartily piled plates at a chinese buffet.

I worked for a number of years in Gloucester, MA. There was a sub shop there that made the most extraordinary steak bombs. They came in different sizes up to the big one at two and a half feet long. We went there almost daily for lunch and I would get a small or a large with sides of potato and macaroni salads.

My boss stopped by one day and in a discussion of steak bombs, I mentioned the 2 1/2 foot version. He was incredulous and told me that if I could eat one, he'd pay for it. I did, along with sides of potato and macaroni salads and he paid.

That's one instance when I could conveniently measure how much I actually ate in one sitting. Usually, no one kept track. I can tell you that my cousin alway used to say about me that, "Andy is the first one to the dinner table, the last one to leave and he doesn't talk much!".

Alas, those days are gone forever. I eat like a nearly normal person now.

when i was in high school, my buddy and i were dating 2 waitresses at a local friendly's restaurant. if you're not familiar with friendly's, it is a hershey corp owned chain of restaurants that specialize in crappy american food, and pretty good ice cream.
on a bet, i ate 5 "jim dandy" sundaes after having a burger and fries. in each sundae were 5 scoops of ice cream, 3 or 4 toppings, nuts, candy, and whipped cream.

more recently, i went to an "all you can eat" sushi place, and polished off 72 pieces of nigiri sushi, 15 temaki hand rolls, 2 bottles of asahi beer, and 4 bottles of sake. i guess i had the munchies. not bad for about $30.
the owner said "hey you, fat guy, you go home now. you be here faw howas, you scare my wife!!!" :)

when i was swimming and skating a lot a few years ago, after workouts i was ravenous and would go home with a large plain pizza (18" pie), a large mussells marinara (about 15 mussels in a pint of sauce), and a litre and a half of wine for dinner. occasionally there was a slice left over for the birds.

buckytom said:
when i was in high school, my buddy and i were dating 2 waitresses at a local friendly's restaurant. if you're not familiar with friendly's, it is a hershey corp owned chain of restaurants that specialize in crappy american food, and pretty good ice cream.
on a bet, i ate 5 "jim dandy" sundaes after having a burger and fries. in each sundae were 5 scoops of ice cream, 3 or 4 toppings, nuts, candy, and whipped cream.

more recently, i went to an "all you can eat" sushi place, and polished off 72 pieces of nigiri sushi, 15 temaki hand rolls, 2 bottles of asahi beer, and 4 bottles of sake. i guess i had the munchies. not bad for about $30.
the owner said "hey you, fat guy, you go home now. you be here faw howas, you scare my wife!!!" :)

when i was swimming and skating a lot a few years ago, after workouts i was ravenous and would go home with a large plain pizza (18" pie), a large mussells marinara (about 15 mussels in a pint of sauce), and a litre and a half of wine for dinner. occasionally there was a slice left over for the birds.

Bucky wins.

ironchef said:
Bucky wins.

yeah, i'm not proud but.... i've eaten well, more often than a lot.
if it weren't for that freakish little japanese dude at nathan's every year, i think i could win a few contests.
a few years ago my wife prevented me from entering her company picnic's eating contest. the winner, the owner's nephew ate just 3 hot dogs. lol, i coulda totally ruined her carreer without even trying...

then they layed her off the day she told them she was pregnant and would be leaving in a few months. nice guys, huh. the excuse was a company restructuring, but the only persons let go was her and a handicapped maintenance worker. she knew too much about illegal kickbacks to the boss of the jersey office, a family relative, and extorsion. all i can say is divest from reckson associates, symbol ra . it's a publicly held company. (because of the prevailing ny commercial real estate market it has almost doubled in stock price recently.) the sad thing is, if the company wasn't a family owned business and the hr dept run by a hand picked relative, it would be profitable well beyond it's current value. my wife knew of milloions of dollars of lost business and flat out theft and extorsion from her nj boss's dealings, one of the owner's son. she complained to human resources, but was fired instead. we spoke to lawyers who said that we would have a very expensive time getting anything more than the severance package offered her, and we were having a baby, so we let it go. the baby was all that mattered.
i guess the stockholders don't care, or more likely, don't care until the price drops. the rechlers had better never wander into my neighborhood... she made me swear not to go after them..

ok, back to making pigs of ourselves...

Okay. I'll fess up. It was the lean years :LOL: Either at a Red Lobster or Sizzler :sick: all you can eat shrimp deal. I love shrimp. I maybe had three portions of shrimp. Mmmmm, Mmmm.

On one occasion, at La Sizzler, the deal was a steak dinner & all you can eat salad bar. The tacky friend wanted to put the steak in her purse. :rolleyes: :ermm:

pdswife said:
ok.. I'll admit it ( again) I know I've mentioned my "Deep pig Laze Outs" before...
but here goes.

On the first weekend of hunting season... Paul takes off on Friday afternoon and doesn't come home until Sunday night. I head for the store.
I buy junk food of every varity!! Ice cream, cake, candy, dingdongs, Twinkies, chips and dip, pudding anything at all the catches my eye. I go to the video store and get a couple chick flicks and to the library to get a few good books and then head home. I call the local pizza delivery place and order a LARGE pizza and then I make a very comfy nest on the couch. After the pizza man comes I snuggle down in my nest and the fun begins. For the next two days... I watch tv, I read books, I nap and I eat and eat. The only work I'm allowed to do is make the pudding and open containers. It's my favorite weekend of the year. ( Paul knows about the pizza but so far I've "forgotten" to tell him about the rest. lol)

That is sooooo indulgent. I love it. My hat's off to you.

I once tried to down a 1 lb. chub of colbly cheese, but couldn't do it. I had a severe craving for some good cheese when I bought it. But I found out that there really can be too much of a good thing.:LOL:

And that remoinds me (BT, is that how it's pronounced in Joisey? heh heh) ... My youngest boy loves cottage cheese. When he was in about the 4th grade, at the lunch table, he saw that they were having cottage cheese. He loaded up his tray with the stuff, and nothing else. The school principle happened to witness this. He casually walked by Eric and said, "You aren't leaving the table until all of that cheese is gone.

Needless to say, My son's eyes were bigger than his belly. He was pretty much sick of cottage cheese by the time he finished the tray-full. The principle called us and told us of the incident. He suggested that we have cottage cheese at supper, and put a healthy amount on Eric's plate. I thought it was a humorous idea and so did it. Eric sat down at the dinner table and saw a heaping helping of the white stuff on his plate. He turned a bit green I think.:ROFLMAO:

We didn't make him eat it. That would have been cruel. But it was very funny as we told him that the principle had called us and told us what had happened at lunch. Needless to say, Eric was more careful about picking out favorite food amounts after that.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I would probably be sick because of eating quite a variety, before I would be sick from eating too much of anything. My sister ate so much chocolate pudding when she was little that she wouldn't touch it for many years. She does eat chocolate now, but don't know if she eats the pudding or not. My favorite meal growing up was the one we usually had on Sunday - fried chicken, either mashed potatoes, or potato salad and green beans. I could eat too much of that, but never enough to make me sick...still one of my very favorite meals.

buckytom said:
yeah, i'm not proud but.... i've eaten well, more often than a lot.
if it weren't for that freakish little japanese dude at nathan's every year, i think i could win a few contests.
a few years ago my wife prevented me from entering her company picnic's eating contest. the winner, the owner's nephew ate just 3 hot dogs. lol, i coulda totally ruined her carreer without even trying...

then they layed her off the day she told them she was pregnant and would be leaving in a few months. nice guys, huh. the excuse was a company restructuring, but the only persons let go was her and a handicapped maintenance worker. she knew too much about illegal kickbacks to the boss of the jersey office, a family relative, and extorsion. all i can say is divest from reckson associates, symbol ra . it's a publicly held company. (because of the prevailing ny commercial real estate market it has almost doubled in stock price recently.) the sad thing is, if the company wasn't a family owned business and the hr dept run by a hand picked relative, it would be profitable well beyond it's current value. my wife knew of milloions of dollars of lost business and flat out theft and extorsion from her nj boss's dealings, one of the owner's son. she complained to human resources, but was fired instead. we spoke to lawyers who said that we would have a very expensive time getting anything more than the severance package offered her, and we were having a baby, so we let it go. the baby was all that mattered.
i guess the stockholders don't care, or more likely, don't care until the price drops. the rechlers had better never wander into my neighborhood... she made me swear not to go after them..

ok, back to making pigs of ourselves...

I'm surprised you guys didn't try to pursue legal action on grounds of discrimination. You may have a case, but then you guys probably didn't want to deal with all that BS anyway.

Yep! It's called nepotism. And it exists in very large corps as well. The best one can hope for -- when it's time to deliver, they fall flat on their faces. Getting paid big salaries, for no-nothings qualifys as gluttony to me. And, that's my two cents! Oh yeah, the other creative word i.e. restructuring is - your job has been "dissolved." It's after the fact now, depending on the statute of limitations, but, rather than a 'tidy' severance package, have heard of offers to pay one off to retirement. And, I'm sure an attorney would have no problem researching how many shares of stock belongs to(?) whom.

Last edited:
kleenex said:
I didn't know there was an International Federation of Competitive Eating!

I have put away some pretty big meals, but nothing like some of the things I've read here. I can't eat nearly as much now (I am working on losing weight, and my stomach is shrinking, thank goodness), but in my day I have been known to eat a pound box of See's Assorted Milk Chocolates or a pound bag of M&Ms in a day.

:) Barbara

Will I was a Young Lad, I Drank 2 bottles of Everclear and 48 Bottles of Beer once Didn't feel well for a week! Did I say that was a Long Time ago ? OK I have ate a Large Pizza and a Two Liters of Pop before, I ate 3 Maidrites ( Sandwiches) 1 Piece of Pie and 2 Bottles of Pop at one sitting before. I must admit the people I have seen eat the Most were Smaller folks never could figure where they put it !!!!!!!! ok I told On Myself ! :cool:

Ok. I might not have eaten as much as y'all but:

1 2004 Dinner at 4-H banquet: 2 plates of meat, veggies spoon bread, etc.

2. 2005 Thanksgiving: 2 LOADED plates of turkey, rolls, sweet potatoes, gravy, vegetables, gravy, and LOTS of dressing. plus a piece of pies, 1 piece of chocolate cake, and a couple of small cookies. I felt too full to be comfortable during the rest of the Cowboys/Broncoes football game.

That's about all of my eating adventures.

Back
Top Bottom