"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Anyone wants to share Prime with me? I can pay $50 for a year

kenny1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1999 View Post
Anyone wants to share Prime with me? I can pay $50 for a year

Are you international?

roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:41 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I’m Prime.

Most of my orders arrive in a day or two. Once it arrived later the same day
Old 09-02-2019, 11:54 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Are you international?
Yes, but I have an address in USA where they help me get package and ship to me.
kenny1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

While we're on the subject of Amazon delivery their delivery system often puzzles me.
Just this afternoon I'm tracking their delivery van on my laptop for my package to arrive and after circling around my block making several deliveries the van parks at the corner from my business, 25 feet away, and proceeds to deliver several packages. The tracking says "you're next" so I'm anxiously waiting for the guy to step into my shop with my package. But no, the next thing I know he drives off and my tracking info suddenly changes to "delayed, on the way, but it may be late" . This usually means I'll get it the next day as this has happened on numerous occasions. WTH??
Old 09-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
While we're on the subject of Amazon delivery their delivery system often puzzles me.
Just this afternoon I'm tracking their delivery van on my laptop for my package to arrive and after circling around my block making several deliveries the van parks at the corner from my business, 25 feet away, and proceeds to deliver several packages. The tracking says "you're next" so I'm anxiously waiting for the guy to step into my shop with my package. But no, the next thing I know he drives off and my tracking info suddenly changes to "delayed, on the way, but it may be late" . This usually means I'll get it the next day as this has happened on numerous occasions. WTH??
Clearly, a sternly worded letter is called for.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What drives me crazy are the panic e-mails that no one was at the post office to sign for the Amazon postal deliveries that were just shipped up on the same truck making door-to-door Amazon deliveries. Any driver, even a novice, could get their deliveries done well before the Post Office closing time of 4 PM. Lingle has a population of 470 people, why don't they hit the Post Office first? It's the most central building in the town...
Old 09-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Clearly, a sternly worded letter is called for.
I wouldn't be surprised if my package (most likely a padded, letter sized envelope) was buried in the package rubble inside the van and the guy couldn't find it...??
Old 09-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #19
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if my package (most likely a padded, letter sized envelope) was buried in the package rubble inside the van and the guy couldn't find it...??
Yeah, but his tablet should have told him you were next. The packages on the truck are arranged in delivery order on shelves.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #20
Executive Chef

I had Prime for 2 months. Free shipping on my first order was great, less than a week.
My next order did not qualify for free shipping as it came from the supplier although I did get free shipping as it was over the required amount.

I cancelled it for the 3rd month. They also refunded me for the previous month when they saw I had not used it for 6 weeks.

I obviously don't buy enough from them to make it worth while.