Why & When Had You Joined D.C.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard about this forum on another forum that I am a member of (and a mod). We had this member that was really creepy, and a know it all. We were worried about the unwanted attention that he'd bring to the site, so while researching we found that he had been banned from other boards for pretty much the same reason. We tried to counsel him, but he just didn't seem to get it.

My research brought me here, I liked what I saw. I had a bumpy start with one member that I apparently upset, which led to a string of hateful PMs and she just stopped coming here. I felt bad about that, because I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Well I stuck it out, and have come to enjoy this site, it is one of my favorites, because it is the most active. I love that it isn't full of pretentious "foodies". Some blow in once in a while to try to "educate" us, but soon find out that isn't how we roll here. We like to celebrate kitchen successes, whatever the skill or budget level, and that is what makes this forum a warm and welcoming place for me. I enjoy learning from other members and sharing what I know.

CWS,

Thanks for the bit of humor ...

I have heard all types of stories from people I have met online Forums and people who I have met, who have told me some unearthly horror stories of negativity and hazing abuse coming from other members, and administratives ...

It took me a long time to join D.C. as I just did not want any problems ...

I am relatively serious problem free at almost 50, and Enjoyer and a creative writer, and had not wished to add negative focused human beings in my life that I do not even know nor shall ever meet ...

I am glad I am here since January ... I have to say for the most part, there are some lovely ladies and gents on this forum ... There are always exceptions to the law or rule as we all know ...

Thanks for your lovely post.
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom