Why Cat Owners Do Not Have Christmas Trees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A cat we had a long time ago liked to climb up in the trees and go to sleep. She disappeared 1 December and we couldn't find her anywhere. Finally, after her nap, she decided to come out of the tree. Always knew were to look for her after that.

Some people (like we do) have cat trees in their homes. You, on the other paw, had a tree cat.

LOL!

We just don't have a tree, I got tired of fixing it back upright and replacing the ornaments everyday.

We have a new cat, so time will tell.

In years gone by, we have had a tree....and we had the tree saver (squirt bottle) near by just in case... :rolleyes:

I don't know why other cat owners don't have Christmas trees, but I don't have one for two reasons:

1. It is July

2. I am a Buddhist

Monkey climbed our Christmas tree, but then being a cat named Monkey I guess it comes pretty naturally! :LOL:

Tree savers only work if you are home to catch them, at some point both of us were working the same shifts and days, so the brats were unattended.

LOL!! I'm glad you liked Simon's Cat...and I loved the replies!

I have terrorist kittens now....help.....

LOL!! I'm glad you liked Simon's Cat...and I loved the replies!

I have terrorist kittens now....help.....

Hah!, you should be at our house right now. Our 2 tiny terrors are currently pounding around the house, it's amazing how much noise they can make going up/down stairs and upstairs as small as they still are. Sounds like a herd of elephants up there. Anyway, they are zipping around the house, jumping up on the desk, skidding along and knocking things off, jumping on the back of the chair and attacking anything within reach, including bare human skin. It's another episode of Kitten's Gone Wild!

We just don't have a tree, I got tired of fixing it back upright and replacing the ornaments everyday.
I have a 3 foot one which hangs on the wall. I used to hang it above the fireplace alcove in the kitchen at the old house.

The cat of the moment did his best but could never reach it.

Hah!, you should be at our house right now. Our 2 tiny terrors are currently pounding around the house, it's amazing how much noise they can make going up/down stairs and upstairs as small as they still are. Sounds like a herd of elephants up there. Anyway, they are zipping around the house, jumping up on the desk, skidding along and knocking things off, jumping on the back of the chair and attacking anything within reach, including bare human skin. It's another episode of Kitten's Gone Wild!

I feel your pain. I have three terrorist kittens who are doing the same thing. My five adult cats are definitely unimpressed, and right now my house is the ultimate definition of the words "hissy fit."

Simonscat.com is incredible. Have you seen the one where his cat tries to wake him up? I was rolling in the aisle! Total hysteria.

Years ago, when we had our kittens Jeremy and Baby, we used to nail them with a squirt gun to keep them off the house plants. Jeremy would run directly at the squirt gun, the source of his torment, and just attack it with a vengeance.

Those two cats were the source of more entertainment, belly laughs, and companionship ever.

Last edited:
Yep, that was the first one I ever saw, and I've been hooked on Simon's Cat since then. LOL Youtube has all of them, too. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom