Why DC is bad for my cooking....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
...I have friends arriving from France tonight so thought I'd make a little soup for them. Needless to say, letting it simmer I got distracted and ..yep, soups out, so, I thought I'd try again, I had half a pack of the red lentils I was using left.....you guesed it, its caught.

I've had to set an alarm to check a cake in 20 minutes and I'm boiling a ham to have with salad for supper now :ROFLMAO:

Hi lulu- I know exactly what you mean. I was recently making spanakopitta(spinach pie) for the cafe that I cater to, I went on line and the spinah pie was a bit more baked than it should hsave been. I could still use it but......

LOL, well....I'm obviously having a bad cooking day. Its cold and white and crisp weather, and that for me always calls for a cake that looks cold but tastes like the summer, I made a coconut and lime cake and my frosting is sugary :rolleyes:. I'm just gonna say its meant to symbolise the crunch of the frost. :ROFLMAO:

Lulu,
you'd think after all this time I'd know better..Sure, try putting a pot of eggs on to come to boil, forgetting them and...an hour later...need I say more?
:LOL:

kadesma

Problem solved. :LOL:

21cid5f001701c65c7c24e3gi0.jpg

Last edited:
Timers! Just set the timer! A really loud and annoying one, too.

I need to get a new timer. My last one died just after we moved in here, and I haven't had the extra $ to get a new one. Hopefully that will change here in the next few days or week.

There's been times I have had my laptop IN THE KITCHEN looking at recipes on it while I'm cooking. Heck, I've been taking my laptop in to work twice a week now, when I'm filling in down at the Halfway House (no, not THAT Halfway House!), and typing up recipes, working on my cookbook, etc. I've even had the thing on in the main Kitchen at the clubhouse. However, I've got my recipes backed up on a Flash Drive, so I usually just take that in to the boss's office and browse my recipes on his computer.

Lulu,
you'd think after all this time I'd know better..Sure, try putting a pot of eggs on to come to boil, forgetting them and...an hour later...need I say more?
:LOL:

kadesma

Yeah, I should know better too, but there is so much to catch up on.....

Can I extend this thread to "Why DC is bad for your sleeping"? I have just realised it is ten to two in the morning here and I have to get up at six!!! Good night all!LOL

Haha! I'm new so I'm just getting used to things around here and I can already tell that it is very addicting. I hope my cooking doesn't suffer... I guess I'll have to try to be strong.

DC is bad for your cooking, but it is really bad for my working, I can't get anything done, i'm totaly glooded to screen during work hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom