Why do I have 9 rolling pins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Finished unpacking the last box I brought to the cabin...Why do I have 9 (that's right, NINE) rolling pins? I have a teeny-tiny one (think I got that because Addie said it was good to have when rolling pastry for bars), a Springle one, a "french one," for making pasta, a lefse one, a flat bread one, and the rest are "regular" ones. What was I thinking???? Now what do I do with them???? And my Mom had 5. What is it about us that we collect rolling pins?

Amazon once sent me 6 identical, beautiful, solid maple, French rolling pins. I only ordered and paid for one. They sent me a factory sealed box containing 6 of them so I kept them all. I've been saving the rest for future wood projects....like elegant door handles or safety grab bars for when I get old and fragile. :)

Sleeves?

Maybe you thought you would make a bunch of flat bread with the help of a friend, so the need for the second rolling pin?
The sleeves are cotton that you put over the rolling pin. I don't know why, but yes, I have a bunch of sleeves for rolling pins.

I feel so deprived! I only have 4. :ermm:

A marble one. (fondant, puff pastry) Solid French one. (cookies, pies) Tapered French/Italian one. (pasta) Tiny one for Won Ton Wrappers or Buns. (lol - have yet to use it for wrappers/dim sums - but use it for other little jobs!)

My original one from the 60's had red enameled handles. It ended up being used in my pottery for rolling out clay as did my Springle, for which I really would like to have back. What was I thinking!

I feel so deprived! I only have 4. :ermm:

A marble one. (fondant, puff pastry) Solid French one. (cookies, pies) Tapered French/Italian one. (pasta) Tiny one for Won Ton Wrappers or Buns. (lol - have yet to use it for wrappers/dim sums - but use it for other little jobs!)

My original one from the 60's had red enameled handles. It ended up being used in my pottery for rolling out clay as did my Springle, for which I really would like to have back. What was I thinking!

I have two with the red-enameled handles. And I have two that were my Grandma's. I suspect I might have a couple more in storage....geez, you'd think I loved to bake.

If a tortilla press counts, I have 5 ;) They all have different uses, though - no duplicates.
Oh, gosh, I have two different sizes of tortilla presses...do those count as rolling pins? I am getting really embarrassed. Does a pasta maker count as a rolling pin? I have one in MN and one in Ontario....

I have three. The slender one is the one I use. I have a very heavy rolling pin that looks great but I never used it. Finally, there is a little one that came with my ravioli set.

The only one I have belonged to my grandmother and it's more than I need.:LOL:

:LOL: Same here. I have one rolling pin that was either my grandmother's or my mom's. I don't think I've ever used it. Red enameled handles, but most of the enamel has worn off. I still keep it in a kitchen drawer here, and I think of them whenever I see it. :)

Oh, gosh, I have two different sizes of tortilla presses...do those count as rolling pins? I am getting really embarrassed. Does a pasta maker count as a rolling pin? I have one in MN and one in Ontario....
This is really not a big deal. People collect all kinds of things. People who like to cook collect cooking tools. So what?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom