"Why Do I Keep....?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
I have a silver dippiing cup for a punch bowl. No punch bowl though. I pour my pills it it. As soon as I empty it, I immediately put in the next dose. That doesn't mean I will remember to take them on time. :ermm:

I set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me to take my thyroid meds in the morning so I can eat at some point ( need to wait an hour after taking the drug to eat).

:ermm:I am reading the latest additions to this thread at 10:36 Pacific time and realize that my pills are still sitting in front of me - I should have taken them an hour ago :wacko:

I appreciate the reminder everyone! :)

Maybe we need a DC Alarm that goes off at pill taking times, reminding everyone to take their meds.

A little pop-up you can sign up for and set the times, it says, "Step away from DC, take your pills, I mean it...get up and get your meds NOW!"

I needed a new can of dog food this morning and despite my great success the last time I went into the fridge once more.

However, this time, right in my line of vision, was a can of dog food with a note "is this what you are looking for"?

My hubby has a wicked sense of humour sometimes!

:LOL::LOL:

I needed a new can of dog food this morning and despite my great success the last time I went into the fridge once more.

However, this time, right in my line of vision, was a can of dog food with a note "is this what you are looking for"?

My hubby has a wicked sense of humour sometimes!

:LOL::LOL:

I've never met your husband but I already like him!

Andy M. said:
I've never met your husband but I already like him!

Too funny. I like your husband. Good humor is a great thing to have.

Do you use Google Calendar? You could set up a recurring event with a pop up.

I use Google calendar all the time. I actually do have a very detailed schedule on it that tells me pill times, bed times, etc. Some reminders come up on my phone, others on my computer. It is basically how DH and I tell each other what is going on! :)

I just thought this was funny! ;)

LPBeier said:
I use Google calendar all the time. I actually do have a very detailed schedule on it that tells me pill times, bed times, etc. Some reminders come up on my phone, others on my computer. It is basically how DH and I tell each other what is going on! :)

I just thought this was funny! ;)

All of the help we have and we still forget to take our medicine. Just what did people do before all of this helpful technology? ;)

I believe that is called "central vac" and I would LOVE something like that!!

I'm going to be moving in september and will have to remember that trick. I'm renting a room in a house right now so I didn't decide where things go, and every single time I open up the wrong drawer looking for silverware. EVERY TIME!
The kick plate option for the central vac is quite common here--many homes have CV. I don't, but many of my friends have it. I'd never seen it until I moved to Canada. I went with the Roomba instead of CV because of the size of the canister and having to haul it out of the basement to empty it. And, no place to conveniently store that gadzilla length hose.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/central-vacuum1.htm

Last edited:
CWS4322 said:
The kick plate option for the central vac is quite common here--many homes have CV. I don't, but many of my friends have it. I'd never seen it until I moved to Canada. I went with the Roomba instead of CV because of the size of the canister and having to haul it out of the basement to empty it. And, no place to conveniently store that gadzilla length hose.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/central-vacuum1.htm

The house I'm moving into is less than 600 sq ft, so no need for central vac ha ha ha ha.... It's like the size of the living room I'm sitting in right now. The trade off is that it's 10 min out of town, and waterfront property. The shoreline on the property is literally 6 times longer than the house. Unfortunately, the lake it's on has a really bad algae bloom problem, so it's only good for boating and swimming in the spring, but it's still beautiful, and has lots of crappie in it. It's a really popular ice fishing lake, so we might even build a little ice house. That would be a fun project :)

Back
Top Bottom