Why do you live where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also "blooming where I was planted". I live 3.6 miles from the hospital I was born in, in Duluth, MN. I moved to California for a couple years, but I came back to be close to my family, even though it meant braving the winters. I met my wonderful boyfriend shortly after I got back, and have been with him ever since. Now, his company wants to make him district manager, so he might be uprooting me and moving us to Minneapolis. On the plus side, since it's a couple hours south, it stays a few degrees warmer in the winter. The downside is that I can't handle heat very well, and it gets hotter down there in the summer.

I was in the Air Force, assigned to Finley AFS, ND. My (then, evil) husband took a walk and left me there. My next assignment would have been to Duluth. I'd had enough of the cold midwest, and opted out.

Many moons later my (good) husband of 20 years (at the time, now it is 30), wanted to see the area where I spent my military years. After we had a very lovely visit to Finley, we decided to see Duluth. What a lovely town! I can't say I regret my decisions, heaven knows where the radar station was where I'd have been assigned. But it is a beautiful town, and like all of the midwest, lovely and friendly people.

joesfolk said:
I ended up in the Grand Rapids area after a fairly fruitless job search. Had friends here who allowed me to stay with them while I looked for a job. At the time any job any where would have done. Now I am so thankful that this is where I landed. The area is clean and the people friendly and of course this is Michigan's Bible belt. The older I get the more I appreciate living where folks care about everything around them, clean fresh yards, friendly neighbors, quiet neighborhoods. If I really wanted to party, well, like most other places I could find lots to do. But these days I prefer the quiet life.

I'm now in the GR area. Hubby and I are staying with family until I have a job. Really liking it so far. It's significantly bigger than what I'm used to but still kinda has a small town friendliness.

Back
Top Bottom