Why do you live where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We live here because of Hubby's job. It pays the rent.
I like California. was born and raised here. Now that were heading into retirement were looking forward to moving out of this state. Buy a few acres of land way out in the country. Montana here I come! :LOL:

I suppose you want me to skootch over a bit...:ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Max would think he was a flea, one sniff and Patron would disappear.

I saw a recent pic, on Paw Nation, I think, with a mastiff nose to nose with a chihuahua. Must have been before the mastiff inhaled.

I got my first job out of grad school here. We're somewhat out in the country, and have a lot of wildlife too. I love living near water, and having grown up in North Dakota, am almost used to the cold!

Last edited:
After moving nine times in eleven years, I thought I would always have a bit of wanderlust. I wanted to be near a city, and country, and mountains, and open water, and live where it is diverse, etc. My list went on and on. I wanted seasons but not winter like they had in Chicago, etc. In 1989, I moved here thinking I'd stay for "a year or so." Love it....never left...maybe I'll move in a year or so. :)

:ROFLMAO::LOL: do you also call Ojai, Oh Jay, instead of Oh Hi ??

I usually say "Oh, Hi!
old-man-waving-hello.gif
and wave

I moved here to Raleigh with my job. I always dreamed of moving away from Maine and this was my first opportunity to do so. I never felt like I fit in Maine, my entire family is there, and I love them dearly, but I always felt like I should be somewhere else.

At first I wasn't crazy over this area, but in time it really grew on me, and I now love it here. I love my partner, my home, and I even tolerate my job :LOL:

I like the weather, I could deal with less humidity in the summer, but the mild winters more than make up for it.

I love Raleigh! I've been there on holiday about 5 times when me and my family used to go to the US once a year.
Oh how I miss those times...

The only thing that stinks is my family is about 3000 miles away.

I live in Florida and my Brother and both sisters live in Maryland and Vermont. When they ask when I'm coming up for a visit, I tell them "People don't LEAVE Florida for vacation, they COME TO Florida for vacation. Vermont? What in the heck is in Vermont? MY back yard is larger than Vermont!

Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation
in every sense of the word. - John Steinbeck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom