Why do you live where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live within 30 miles of the hospital where I was born. We moved to the country when our first child was 10 and younger was three. Dh drove into town for years until his retirement and now we only have to leave our little "burg" for grand occasions - of which there aren't that many.. Our daughter has been all over the country with her navy husband and now they have moved back here. If only we could talk our son into getting closer, it would be perfect.

I live where I live because I've got a clear shot for at least 200 yds in all directions... :ermm:

:whistling

I live in what most would call a hick town or a burg it's know as the home of the Gallo family, but it's only about 30 -40 miles from where I was born Stockton another burg:LOL: I stay because it's too late now to move and my heart is here I could never move away from what keeps me going my grand babies. M y parents are buried here and I couldn't leave them now more than before. I guess you could say this is where my heart is. I remember my horror when my husband came home and said were moving I bought a drug store. I was so stunned I couldn't wrap my head around the idea for several weeks. I hated Modesto for years until the grand kids came and my parents moved here with us. then life became more the way I loved it. I think we all end up where we are meant to be If life hands us lemons??? well you know the rest. My life is my grand kids and my very dear husband as well as my DC family.
kades

I live here because my parents moved us here when I was in grade school and I just haven't left yet. Leaving soon though. Hubby is looking for work downstate and I can't wate to join him.

Because I live with my Mum and Step-Dad and they unfortunately decided to move in to this house. We had 2 years of hell with the neighbours, who eventually got evicted, and then we had a year with no neighbours. Now we have more neighbours from hell who think it is perfectly acceptable to blast the TV at 2am and repeatedly shout at their daughter, who must only be about 3, to shut the "F" up.
Oh how I love it here!

Where is here Kez? I could lend you my 130lbs boerbeol. Max hates a disturbed night.

Clic on pic to make bigger garden & BBQ 064.jpg

Aww he's gorgeous!
Our dog Patch thoroughly enjoys barking at the neighbours!
And I live in Leeds, England. Can't stand it. Hope to one day live in America, I'd love to live in San Francisco!

Aww he's gorgeous!
Our dog Patch thoroughly enjoys barking at the neighbours!
And I live in Leeds, England. Can't stand it. Hope to one day live in America, I'd love to live in San Francisco!
We live 8 mls from Chester just inside Wales.

Lovely! I've never actually been to Wales, although I really like Chester and Cheshire in general. Nice countryside.

We moved to Charleston, SC as a career move for me 18 years ago. I love Charleston beaches, restaurants, the weather, walking in downtown Charleston. Charleston is just a great place to live.

With just the little "Taste of Winter" we had here yesterday, I was ready to call it in, pack a bag, and head straight back to Oahu. . . I still just don't care for cold, wind, snow, rain all in one!

With just the little "Taste of Winter" we had here yesterday, I was ready to call it in, pack a bag, and head straight back to Oahu. . . I still just don't care for cold, wind, snow, rain all in one!

I hear you Tattrat! I haven't seen snow in 34 years and don't miss it! cold, wet and nasty stuff!

A warm ocean breeze with a light wind. That's the winter weather I love!

We live here because of Hubby's job. It pays the rent.
I like California. was born and raised here. Now that were heading into retirement were looking forward to moving out of this state. Buy a few acres of land way out in the country. Montana here I come! :LOL:

I guess I'm a big believer in "bloom where you are planted". My parents planted me here in Ventura County, Ca. as a baby, and I have never had any good reason to leave. For me, this is the ideal place to live and although I've visited all over the world, I've never found anyplace more appealing to call home. This area is known for our Mediterranean climate, and our beaches are lovely and not crowded. The most important thing is everyone I love lives here, so this is my little piece of paradise.

I bet this is why we both live here!

Port Hueneme, CA
Sun 10/30/2011
Current (10:30am PT): 65°F Sunny
Wind: N at 0 mph (how do they know the wind is from the north when there isn't any?)
Humidity: 54%

Sun -76° | 49°

Mon - 70° | 49°

Tue - 67° | 50°

Wed - 76° | 54

I bet this is why we both live here!

Port Hueneme, CA
Sun 10/30/2011
Current (10:30am PT): 65°F Sunny
Wind: N at 0 mph (how do they know the wind is from the north when there isn't any?)
Humidity: 54%

Sun -76° | 49°

Mon - 70° | 49°

Tue - 67° | 50°

Wed - 76° | 54

Waving like crazy...... Hi there neighbor!! I'm in Santa Paula. I figured out from some of your past posts that you must be nearby........Yep, this is part of California is a great place to hang your hat, and it's another world away from L.A. :wacko:
By the way I think others may get a kick out of the pronunciation of the town of Port Hueneme (Chumash Indian). It's pronounced Port Whyneemee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom