Why I hate my job and being alone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Just had a customer in here okay? At 1:18, he asked about storage, took him out and showed him the storage size he wanted. Came back in, had him fill out some paperwork, normally takes a person 5-10 minutes total and me 5 mintues to get everything done, they leave.
HE WAS HERE UNTIL 2:14!!That is almost an hour, why? Well, just a run down in matter of fact phrasing from his mouth.
1. When God comes down in a spaceship, will we believe he is God?
2. Mary's pregnancy was artificial insemination, not emaculate conseption.
3. His daugther was harassed by a cable guy, got him fired and he is stocking her.
4. The bible is full of lies.
5. The earth is going to be on fire in a few years.
6. Terrorist are everywhere, you can't trust anyone.
7. There are angels walking around in human form and if you anger them, that is how people die.
I won't say anymore, but, let me tell you, it went on and on, to the point of freaking me completely out!!!
This is why I don't like my job and being alone here.:mad:

If he comes back....show him the room! (again) When he gets inside shut the door and lock him up!!:LOL: A real nut case that needs to be in storage!!!

Seriously...next time...excuse yourself, and step into another room to call someone...The Police??

Stay safe!!

DANG IT, can't give either of you any karma, gotta spread it around more first. :LOL:
OMG, my stomach hurts soooo badly right now!! You two!! Thank you, needed that so much!!
Don't worry, I have scissors beside me waiting if I need them. I'm not able to walk away, this is a 30'x30' room with a closet and restroom, that's it. My counter is the only place there is a phone and I dont' have a cell. I'll be okay. I already told my boss that I was looking for another job. They are trying very hard to keep me, but, after today, the only way I will stay is if he can garauntee that I won't ever be alone and that isn't going to happen.

If the boss wants to keep you that bad, make him provide you a cell phone, or at least a portable phone you can walk away from the desk with. A lady always can excuse herself to "powder her nose":rolleyes:

:LOL:

PS. ...And lock the door!!

They should have a panic button installed. I was a bookkeeper once, in a paint manufacturing plant near a bad neighborhood and I had a panic button under the desk. Press that and the police would show up within a couple of minutes. I'd insist on it, before something happens and you sue him up the wazoo.

PS. ...And lock the door!!
Hmmm, dh just said the same thing!!:LOL:
I will also tell him about the cell phone too.

They should have a panic button installed. I was a bookkeeper once, in a paint manufacturing plant near a bad neighborhood and I had a panic button under the desk. Press that and the police would show up within a couple of minutes. I'd insist on it, before something happens and you sue him up the wazoo.

Hadn't thought of that one. Will tell him about that too.

We have a mandatory meeting next week and I'm going to be telling him about this some more and give him these suggestions.
Even the angel wings BT:ROFLMAO:

Also, I know a lot of people are wondering why I didn't just tell him to leave. I'm more scared of that reaction that crazy talk. I also have IM's with my other two facilties that are run by women also. That way, if there is an iffy situation, we tell each other what is going on. I've even gone as far as entering a make and model of a truck and license plate number and a description of a guy that had me on edge once on my IM for one of them to call the cops if I don't call her or type to her that he was gone.

Last edited:
I'd like to know what he's going to put in that storage room----God's spaceship? Mary's Guide to the Latest in Fertility Treatments, Sensitivity Training for Angels, extinguishers to put out Earth's impending fires............sheesh what a nut case---no wonder you were spooked......I would have been, too.......the other suggestions are great and to add to your arsenal I would also have some heavy duty pepper spray on hand which could act instantaneously and give you a chance to beat a hasty exit if you had to (actually after living in Houston I bought a Mace-like product online that would knock down an elephant) ,,,,,My son says it's illegal but the way I look at it they are not going to put some woman in jail for protecting herself.....glad nothing worse happened

:) Get yourself a taser gun.Or you can make a good one shot tazer with a disposable camera. Maxim magazine has the intructions in the december issue.

one shot tasers just make you angry. they hurt for a second or two and can defrib your heart, but unless the psycho has chd, you'd be better off with pepper spray.

Also if you are staying arrange you desk sideways to the door and not facing in front of it---if you had to you could spray and get out of there quickly but placed facing the front of the door you'd have to come around from the other side and go past the quirk --I hope that you get the cell phone and a panic button and in the meantime invest in some mace/pepper spray

Sheesh, where are you located, Austin? or perhaps Marfa?

And those camera tasers don't do much. We messed around with disposible cameras as kids and would shock eachother with them. They have a little capacitor that powers the flash will give you a little jolt to your hand and that's it.

By all means get some pepper spray. In Colorado the had bear spray that is 100 time stronger than police grade pepper spray. Lacking that a common spray bottle loaded with ammonia with the nozzle on stream rather than spray. if attacked you have the right to protect your self with what ever you have on hand. Get a medium cattle prod and make sure it is charged with good batteries. No body likes electric shock. Insistist on a panic buttom. Hope this helps. Michel was right not all nuts are in shells.

I used to be left alone in the showroom and warehouse, especially on the weekends. Most of the time it was okay but sometimes it was easy to be freaked out with the incidental noises from the warehouse, esp in winter. I used to leave the showroom door locked but would open it when the customers rocked up (glass walls - could see the parking lot) but I would turn the lights off so that if I didn't want to open up, I could duck under the desk or in the back and they just thought we weren't open. (The boss was erratic anyway so never a surprise in that sense!)

Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom