Why I Love Red Heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
As a St. Patricks Day atonement.....
I was 16 when I watched Anne of Green Gables for the 1st time on PBS. I taped it and watched it probably 15 times in one month. I still say its the best movie ever. I laughed..... I cried..... and YES.... Im strait!
Thing is, I have always had a crush on Megan Follows who happens to be the lead actor. :doh: There. I said it. :ermm: Thats why I like red heads. They remind me of her. :wub: If you have a chance to rent Anne of Green Gables.... do it! Best darn movie ever. When I sober up I know Im going to regret this.

Well, since we're confessing, when I first saw The Parent Trap as a boy I fell fast in love with Haley Mills. (and later Lynn Redgrave). Though Haley Mills never had red-hair (that I can remember) I too am a sucker for natural redheads, ESPECIALLY if they have a British accent. :wub: :wub: :wub:

~ Raven ~

It didn't take a a movie for me...I suppose I was born in the mold of "Charlie Brown" ...as the little red head girl has always made my heart skip a beat.
They still do...:wub: One would think with such a natural, inate attraction I would have sought out a Red head to be my bride..But No..I was struck by cupids arrow of a different shade..dark brunette.:rolleyes: But wonder of all wonders my only daughter is a true and natural red head. I bet no one would guess she is her father's heart beat.;) Isn't it nice how things work out sometimes...

So to any "little red head girl" that passes this way...:flowers: :flowers:

And Happy St. Patricks Day:lucky: :lucky: :lucky:

Last edited:
I'm here I'm here!!!!

I used to HATE being a redhead, growing up being teased was rough. It wasn't until I was 19 that I liked it. Now I wouldnt give it up for anything! I also didnt know when I moved over here that they refer to us as "gingers" It just makes me think of the South Park, Ginger Kids episode. Cartmen running a gang of redheads yelling "RED POWER RED POWER"

i know what you mean, sush.

i've watched lots of movies, and fallen in love.

ok, so there was no dialogue, just bad music, heavy on the electric bass, but it's still love, isn't it? :cool:

I was a red head for many years, then a blonde for many years, and now I am a pretty light brown.

I love to change the color of my hair - it is so much fun.

If you could only see the dye job I had done last week. To call it flaming red would be subtle.:LOL: :ROFLMAO: And spikey to boot. Can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees it in 2 weeks.:angel:

Forgot to say, Uncle Bob, that was a great story!

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
As a St. Patricks Day atonement.....
I was 16 when I watched Anne of Green Gables for the 1st time on PBS. I taped it and watched it probably 15 times in one month. I still say its the best movie ever. I laughed..... I cried..... and YES.... Im strait!
Thing is, I have always had a crush on Megan Follows who happens to be the lead actor. :doh: There. I said it. :ermm: Thats why I like red heads. They remind me of her. :wub: If you have a chance to rent Anne of Green Gables.... do it! Best darn movie ever. When I sober up I know Im going to regret this.

I've known you long enough to remember this story about why you love red heads :LOL:

Raven said:
Well, since we're confessing, when I first saw The Parent Trap as a boy I fell fast in love with Haley Mills. (and later Lynn Redgrave). Though Haley Mills never had red-hair (that I can remember) I too am a sucker for natural redheads, ESPECIALLY if they have a British accent. :wub: :wub: :wub:

~ Raven ~

:chef: OH! I really liked Halley Mills, and some of the other actresses both young and old, and I'll assure you I'm as straight as anyone could ever be. Ingrid Ber man in Casablanca was beautiful I thought. Who played with her, Clark Gable? They were both so gorgeous. Loved that movie, and watched it many times, crying at least half the way through it. I love many of those older movies, and haven't been to a movie or watched one on TV for years.

Lovestobake said:
:chef: Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca was beautiful I thought. Who played with her, Clark Gable?

Even though Clark Gable is just about as gorgeous as it gets, Humphrey Bogart played opposite Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca. Bogie had his quirky charm, too. Especially liked African Queen with him and Katharine Hepburn.

I was in love with Robert Mitchem....Paul reminded me so much of him in sooo many ways. I guess that is why he was the love of my life...:rolleyes:

I learned to hate "the African Queen" I didn't go to any of my Senior Years activity's so i filled in as an Usher at the movie theater where my friend worked...saw that movie for 8 hours a night for two weeks !!

Dove said:
I was in love with Robert Mitchem....Paul reminded me so much of him in sooo many ways. I guess that is why he was the love of my life...:rolleyes:

I learned to hate "the African Queen" I didn't go to any of my Senior Years activity's so i filled in as an Usher at the movie theater where my friend worked...saw that movie for 8 hours a night for two weeks !!

Now that you mention it Marge, your right, Paul did look like Robert Mitchem, very handsome.

Katie E said:
Even though Clark Gable is just about as gorgeous as it gets, Humphrey Bogart played opposite Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca. Bogie had his quirky charm, too. Especially liked African Queen with him and Katharine Hepburn.
:chef: Right you are! I knew that didn't feel right, and a charming, knock you dead, good looking charmer was Clark, but yes, Humphrey Bogart did have his very own personal style of charm. I didn't care for for Katherine, and yet it may well have been because of her involvement with Spencer Tracy, a pair both on and off the screen. :wacko: Actually, they did make some good movies, and quite a few as I remember. It may have been their private life that just ruined them for me, not than it was any worse than a lot of the others, even back then. If memory serves though Ingrid had passed on even before I was born. Yet those movies are as enjoyable as ever. ;)

I loved redheads so much I married one...

MVC-815S.JPG

BTW... This picture was taken only a few miles from where the African Queen now resides. :D

Last edited:
Katie E said:

Bergman wasn't a redhead, but Hepburn certainly was. (Casablanca may be my favorite dramatic movie ever.) I agree about Gable being gorgeous, and Bogart being dark and intriguing, and in his own way, quite charming. I'm all for the swarthy ones, with the exception of Joseph Cotten, who I think is all that and a bag of chips.

BC

Lovestobake said:
:chef: Right you are! I knew that didn't feel right, and a charming, knock you dead, good looking charmer was Clark, but yes, Humphrey Bogart did have his very own personal style of charm. I didn't care for for Katherine, and yet it may well have been because of her involvement with Spencer Tracy, a pair both on and off the screen. :wacko: Actually, they did make some good movies, and quite a few as I remember. It may have been their private life that just ruined them for me, not than it was any worse than a lot of the others, even back then. If memory serves though Ingrid had passed on even before I was born. Yet those movies are as enjoyable as ever. ;)

Depends on when you were born. Ingrid died in 1982. By then, my children were in their teens. Oops. Guess I'm showin' my age.:LOL:

Katie E said:
Depends on when you were born. Ingrid died in 1982. By then, my children were in their teens. Oops. Guess I'm showin' my age.:LOL:
I thought she died way before then. When was Casablanca made? I certainly was around long before 1982, but I certainly am not up on movie trivia, and we were just talking about that very movie not long ago. Cary Grant another one over whom we can drool! Robert Mitchum, I liked all those, but you must admit they are old more than a little bit older than we. YES!! Joseph Cotton. Why don't we have such handsome actors and actresses now ? How about Richard Widmark? If memory serves, it wasn't too hard to look at him either. ;)

No Ingrid certainly wasn't a redhead by a long ways.

phinz you really did get you a redhead didn't you? Nice lookin' lady, I would say! :) Looks like you all could be right close to the beach!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom