Why is it that no matter what team I root for they lose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
Why is it that no matter what team I root for... THEY LOSE???

I'm a Cub's fan. A friend of mine told me emphaticly "Do NOT watch any Cubs games this year!!!" I should have listened.

The Cubs are playing a 3 game series against the Washington Nationals. In the last 2 games the Cubs have shut them out completly, pitching a complete no hitter in the last game.

Today, I saw the game coming on so I thought "OOH! The Cubs are playing at Wrigley!" So I hit Record on the VCR and settled in for a nice afternoon of Baseball. In the second inning, not only did the Nationals break their no-hitting streak... THEY SCORED 4 RUNS!!
** WAAAAAHHHH **

This same thing happens no matter who I root for. It happens on Survivor (I rooted for Cire) It happens with Amazing Race (We haven't watched the last episode yet, we taped it last night and plan to watch it today, but I'm rooting for the black couple) It happens on Big Brother.

Maybe I should just root for the team I want to lose. Hmm.....:dry:

~ Raven The Jinx ~

Please do NOT root for the
a-Boston%20Red%20Sox.jpg

lol andy. i know you're a closet yankee fan. look at how fast you copied that image from your desktop wallpaper...

raven, are you sitting on the correct side of the couch when you watch games, in the correct position?
has your jersey been washed recently? did anyone unlucky, like a girl wear it at any time?
are you wearing your lucky underwear and socks ?(i don't wanna know about their cleanliness)

was anyone in the room the last time they won? if they weren't there then, they'd better not be there now.

and you'd better eat and drink the same things the next time as well.

sheesh, it tough being a (paranoid psychotic superstitious) fan...lol.

buckytom said:
did anyone unlucky, like a girl wear it at any time?

HEY! That is so mean! Girls are LUCKY. (You guys are forever talking about getting lucky so I figured that had to be what that meant:angel: )

I'll have you know that I am personally responsible for the Oilers winning the last several games. And I am going to leave this tattoo on until they lose.

I know where you're coming from. I've been a Seahawks/Mariners fan for 25 years, and it's been painful. Every year, I grip my beer lovingly and launch concern rays at the TV. It never seems to help.

Finally, when the Seahawks get it right, I find out that we haven't bought of the right refs. No matter what, we're screwed.

Well at least you're not a Raiders or Dodgers fan. The list of boneheaded trades/draft picks over the last 10 years has been unbelievable.

Can anyone explain, with no quarterback and with MATT LEINART still on the board, why would you draft Michael Huff? Granted Huff may be a great player, but c'mon. With the best QB in the draft still available (sorry Vince Young), and with QB being the weakest position on offense, that was a total mistake.

My only saving grace is that I am also a BoSox fan, ever since the days of Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell, etc.

ironchef said:
Well at least you're not a Raiders or Dodgers fan.

Gee, Thanks for Beltre: 2 HR, .209 AVG, .284 SLG. He's even worse than last year. Maybe baby needs his JUICE bottle.

P.S. Totally agree about Huff. Aaron Brooks won't get it done.

ironchef said:
...My only saving grace is that I am also a BoSox fan, ever since the days of Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell, etc.

I knew I liked you, just never knew why until today! :)

I don't feel so bad after looking up the season's stats in the paper. I somehow missed the season opener and they've already played 38 games so far (this was game 39) and The Cubbies are 17 and (now) 22 so we're at .436 in the standings and 8½ games down for the central division.

~ Raven ~

Raven said:
Why is it that no matter what team I root for... THEY LOSE???

How'd you like to become an Anaheim Mighty Ducks fan for the next week or so?:LOL:

vyapti said:
Gee, Thanks for Beltre: 2 HR, .209 AVG, .284 SLG. He's even worse than last year. Maybe baby needs his JUICE bottle.

P.S. Totally agree about Huff. Aaron Brooks won't get it done.

Yeah I was gonna say. Either that or his body cream. You guys will just have to wait until its Beltre's contract year and then you'll see his .330, 40, 130 stat line.

Back
Top Bottom