Why isn't today Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
All week I've been a day ahead....so today isn't Friday, is it? :( I went out to buy fun stuff for the weekend and came home disappointed when I realized my mistake.

Obviously, I'm a day ahead of schedule, but we have great plans for the garden this weekend and I was excited to continue on planting tomorrow - er Saturday. :rolleyes:

Today really does feel like a Friday. I have been fighting that feeling since I woke up today.

If it helps, I even have that Friday feeling here in europe! All we are doing is having a lazy weekend together, but I'm still sad I have to wait a whole day, lol. On the plus side, you are a little bit younger than you thought you were!

Yes Andy, we were told to "spring ahead" last Sunday morning. Is Massachusetts not going to go for the extended DST? If so, I may consider moving there. LOL

I've had the same problem all week too. I didn't even associate it with the DST change. Weird. I was thinking I had to make fish tonight and it's only thursday.
I'm kind of glad though since I would have missed Grey's Anatomy tonight if I didn't realize it in time.

LOL I think Andy was making a joke. He said Day Savings Time, not daylight savings time :LOL:

GB said:
LOL I think Andy was making a joke. He said Day Savings Time, not daylight savings time :LOL:

ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM

LOL, right over my head.. Good one Andy, see if it had been Friday, I would have understood! :LOL:

redkitty said:
Its my Friday since I dont work tomorrow!!!

I'll be having a day off tomorrow, too (and I'm cutting out early today). We're driving to southern Utah to go skiing.

Hooray! It's Friday! (for some of us)

I wish they could take a day out of the week, say like Wednesday or Tuesday and then we just have 4 day work weeks... this week has been bad for me and I really wish today was FRIDAY!!

Half Baked said:
I would've always preferred a 4 day work week with a 10 hr day.

Me too - I end up working 10 hour days anyway.

I had to be here at 730 today for a meeting and I got stuck in traffic in the pouring rain. I can't wait for 5pm tmrw evening.

tut tut tut, all these people wishing their lives away *sigh*

I`ll gladly have ALL your thursdays off you :)

I have always thought the working week should be four days, with a weekend of three. Some people will always work weekends, leisure time (and there fore potentially investment in leisure industries) might increase and unemployment levels would drop. And I would see my DH more! lol.

It's not Friday because if it were Friday... we'd be having company tonight and I have not cleaned house and I haven't grocery shopped and I haven't even decided what to make for dinner yet. I'm glad it's still Thursday.

: )

YT2095 said:
tut tut tut, all these people wishing their lives away *sigh*:)

YT, that's what my grandma used to tell me when I was a little girl, and wishing it was summer, or wishing it was Christmas.

It's seemed like Friday all day to me too...must be the time change.

I'm with you...ever since they changed the spin of the world's axis on Saturday night, I've been as off as a light bulb in grandma's attic. ;) All I can say is, "I'm ready for my cocktail, Mr. DeMille"......

I say, let's have two saturdays, instead. I'll call your boss if you call in for me....
Then, we'll meet in some communal kitchen, have a good chin wag and cook great food and have lots of cocktails. By the time we sober up, perhaps our bodies will have adjusted to the ticktock of the mantle clock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom