Why not Minot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A small privately owned donut shop recently opened up down the street. I bought a half dozen assorted and OMG, were they good. Each one (even the cake) were light and soft and not too sweet. I sure hope that they do well, because we are severely lacking donut shops here. We have some DD, and they are ok, but not what I consider a great donut.

We have Krispy Kreme downtown where you can get fresh made donuts but, even their fresh ones I'd put a step below DD, everything they have is too sweet (and anyone who knows me knows how much I like sweets!), and they have no idea what a cruller is, they think that it is a pretty shaped cake dount! Their crullers and cake donuts taste the same, like a Little Debbie dunkin' stick!

When I lived in Everett, they opened a KK's right down the street from me. They lasted for less than a year. Same complaint. Too sweet. I never tried one. I still prefer the DD cake ones. :angel:

Even though I grew up in Maine, I have never been to Quebec. One of these years if we drive back to Maine instead of flying we definitely want to go to Quebec city!

Himself suggested we come home by way of New Orleans on our way back from the west coast of FL this November. I told him I'd rather save the $$, get passports and head up to Montreal and Old Quebec while we live in MA. So close from here - I don't want to miss the chance. If we do go to New Orleans when we head back to OH we'd drive 900 miles less round trip! Most EVERYWHERE we want to go is so far from where we live now. :(

Himself suggested we come home by way of New Orleans on our way back from the west coast of FL this November. I told him I'd rather save the $$, get passports and head up to Montreal and Old Quebec while we live in MA. So close from here - I don't want to miss the chance. If we do go to New Orleans when we head back to OH we'd drive 900 miles less round trip! Most EVERYWHERE we want to go is so far from where we live now. :(

As a teenager, we would often go to NH for a cup of coffee. One weekend a bunch of us got the bright idea to head to Canada. We ended up in Montreal. Got totally lost and never did get to have coffee up there. We finally found our way back to the border and headed back home through Maine. Thank heavens there was more than one driver in the car. I was not one of them. I still don't know how to drive. :angel:

As a teenager, we would often go to NH for a cup of coffee. One weekend a bunch of us got the bright idea to head to Canada. We ended up in Montreal. Got totally lost and never did get to have coffee up there. We finally found our way back to the border and headed back home through Maine. Thank heavens there was more than one driver in the car. I was not one of them. I still don't know how to drive. :angel:
You guys really were lost. Were you heading back to Boston? Vermont and New York are the closest border crossings to Montreal. Maine would have been a big detour between Montreal and Boston.

You guys really were lost. Were you heading back to Boston? Vermont and New York are the closest border crossings to Montreal. Maine would have been a big detour between Montreal and Boston.

Remember we were just kids. We just wanted to get near the coast. From there we found our way home. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom