Why not Minot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Minot is not "THAT" far from where my parents live...and Missoula is not "THAT" far from Minot...I'm thinking a DCers meet up in Minot, ND next year...
By next year, I might have my paperwork organized so I can travel to the US.

Minot is not "THAT" far from where my parents live...and Missoula is not "THAT" far from Minot...I'm thinking a DCers meet up in Minot, ND next year...

Minot? I could do that!:)

As they say in the Air Force: Why NOT Minot? Because it's freakin' cold up there, that's why! Unless it's the dead (heat) of summer...

Minot? I could do that!:)
I think it would be fun--especially the ethnic foods! I'm always up for some lefse, swedish meatballs, pickled herring...if we think we want to do this, we'd have to find s/place to stay fairly early on...the hotels in Minot fill up quickly. Too bad my cousins no longer live there...

I think it would be fun--especially the ethnic foods! I'm always up for some lefse, swedish meatballs, pickled herring...if we think we want to do this, we'd have to find s/place to stay fairly early on...the hotels in Minot fill up quickly. Too bad my cousins no longer live there...

It's 11.5 hours from here. When would we want to be there? I have to plan for vacation days.

It seems to me it runs 5 days, usually at the end of September/beginning of October. This year it is a M-F (Oct 1 - 5) (which seems odd, one would think it would include a weekend...).

I was looking at room rates for next spring...high, many of the dates I looked at were not available. You weren't kidding about room availability.

I lived in Fargo ad a kid but sadly have no desire to go back to ND

Maybe New Orleans or San Fran ?

Last edited:
Hmm. If I don't sell Mom's house by then, it's 3 hours away from Minot. 3BR, full finished basement, 3 bathrooms...
Just sayin'.

Problem is, Mom's house is on the east coast of ND. Close to Canada, but clear across the state from Montana. A very long drive. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom