Why your selected D.C. name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buonasera Gravy Queen,

Thank you for your wonderful anecdote ...

Chef Martha Stewart: I am sure you could find her books on www.amazon.com

I recall she published a monthly magazine ( subscription ), if she is still publishing it ? I am sure someone in the USA, could be of some help on this ... Or you can check online.

As always, it is a pleasure to have you providing your feedback on my posts. This is a good one, I must say so myself ! ha ha ... Interesting that is.

Have a lovely Friday.
Margi.

Buonasera Charlie D.,

I hope I saved your email. Let me check ... If I have saved it, then I shall resend it to you via email. I am as Techi as a peanut, thus, it is better if you would copy & paste it on this thread ... Its a fab anecdote too !

I shall look for it now ... I believe I saved it, however let me confirm.

Kind regards.
Margi.

My given name is Elizabeth, nickname Liz. I borrowed tinlizzie from the nickname of Henry Ford's early Model T auto since I am an, er, older model myself. ;)

I think we had thread like that, though a quite a while ago and I think I posted this before. However here is the story behind my handle.
I always smoke cigars, Cuban ones of course, I did grow up in Soviet Union and we were bodies with them so Cuban cigars were radially available alone with caviar.:LOL: As long as you knew the right people that it is. ;)Anyways, fact that I moved to America was not going to stop me from smoking puros Habaños. Thank G-d for internet. However at about the same time the customs razed their suspicions and started checking packages. Having things come in my name was not a good idea. Solution came out of nowhere. One day I was shopping for dog chow with my poppy in a pet store. They had me fill out some stupid credit card application to get some free stuff. I don’t know what came over me. But for the name I put Charlie and for the last name I put Dog. You see where I’m getting with this. Little would you know, the credit card came. It was one of those cards where you had to put money in advance otherwise you could not buy anything. And after that there came dozens of more credit cards offers and application for all kind of other cards. That will teach how to fill out credit card application for free stuff. But in the meantime all the cigar packages started to go to the Charlie Dog. For the longest time my e-mail was “charliethedog@”…., now defunct due to spam and some virus. People who were getting my packages, no, they were not coming to my home, they went to undisclosed company that had no idea who Charlie Dog was and were supposedly disposing the packages, well, as a joke, they started calling me CharlieD. Thus here I am. I think I still have that credit card somewhere.

P.S. No I did not buy cigars from the enemy, I bought them from Spain. Somebody would have bought them anyways, so I did not feel bad doing that.:blush:

Endearing Story - Thanks

:cool: Charlie D,

;) Thanks so much for the endearing story ... I had enjoyed it the 1st time and now that I have read it for the 2nd, even more so ... It has a bit of foreign irony.

Have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for sharing it.

Spain is a fairly large importer of Cuban Rums and Cuban Hand Rolled Cigars. Years and Years ago, I used to take off the Cuban Havana Gold Rings, and bring them in different boxes to my Dad who loved Havanas and some gent friends over in Miami ... Though Anti Castro-istas, they still loved their Havanas ...

Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
Charlie, I love your story and it reminded me of something that happened to me many years ago.

About 20 years ago my late husband and I had a dog named Justin. As a puppy, his favorite activity was digging so he became known as Justin Digger. Then, barking was added to the list and his name, finally, was Justin Digger Woofer. Or...J.D. Woofer. Innocent enough, right?

Well, around that time we were being hammered with promotional mail by a local warehouse store. Get our credit card, get our store bargains with a discount if you have our card, yada, yada, yada! It seemed as though something from them was in our mail every day so.....

Like you, we filled out the application with the dog's information and, since he was sweet on the female chow dog next door, Sasha, we added her as his wife.:ohmy:

Yep, not long after mailing the application, both Justin and Sasha received their store membership cards and their credit cards. Ain't life great?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Katie H,
It is absolutely hilarious, if I did not live thru same story myself, I would have never believed it. What stores would do just to get you on their door :LOL:

Loved the credit cards for dogs stories.

I have been told that it was, at one time, possible to get a drivers license for your dog, here in Quebec :wacko:

Loved the credit cards for dogs stories.

I have been told that it was, at one time, possible to get a drivers license for your dog, here in Quebec :wacko:
Canada is so progressive! Our dogs have to sneak the cars out when no one is looking and hope they don't get caught driving without a license! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom