"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Talking Why your selected D.C. name?

Good Morning,

I have so much going on in my journalism world, that I always like things that are easy to remember ... Thus, Margi is short for Margaux, my 1st name and Cintrano is my paternal surname, which I always use legally as on my Passports and my Residency Card etcetra, so impossible to forget ...

Most people do not call me Margi ( the Vet started this one ), they call me Margot with or without the Letter " t " or Marga ... In Spanish Margaux is NOT nice, it is MAR GAUS ! I have had to spell or pronounce my name all my life ... Mom Eva insisted on a French name as MARGHERITE was my paternal Grandmom and my maternal was MARGOT ... so, same name with a different spelling.

Have nice Sunday.
Margi.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Executive Chef

From a long run (1932 -1955) 15-minute daytime radio program on CBS and NBC.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I answered this in my "getting to know" thread. Since I'm feeling a bit lazy this morning I'll paste what I replief there.

No reason and many reasons. Sometimes, my brain mashes some things together and spits them out and I'm amused by them. Then I get stuck on them.

That's what happened when I was choosing a facebook url to go with my account. I'd been at a D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) game when a player did something uncharacteristically moronic. Like, this guy usually had all the right answers and made all the right choices with his character and play. And then he did something that couldn't have been more wrong and didn't realize it until it was too late. We were baffled. He was baffled. Out of nowhere I blurted that it was the fault of the purple alien giraffes from outer space. Everyone agreed that it was the likeliest explanation. I was still stuck on purple alien giraffes when fb (Facebook) pestered me to create a url for my page so I went with that.

When I decided to join DC I figured if it was good enough for my fb page, it should work for this. I didn't think about it being really long until after I was writing my intro post. Plus, I didn't want to be a plant name like my dad and sis (dad is Chief Longwind but was Goodweed of the North at the time; sister is Sprout). I am the family oddball after all.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Thanks for the replies and interesting anecdotes ...

Have a lovely Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Thanks for the replies and interesting anecdotes ...

Have a lovely Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.
My grandson was responsible for my name Ma at 1-1/2 he just couldn't wrap his tongue around gamma, so Ma it was.I added his name to it thus I'm kadesma.
kades
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Kadesma,

This is a lovely name ! WOW ... Cadesma with a K ... Cool.

6 grandchildren ! Congrats. How old are they may I ask?

I have 2 grown gals Naia and Nathalia:

Naia is the mom of: Adyson age 4 1/2 and Daniel Jonah to be 2 yrs in December

Nathalia is the mom of twins Fillippo and Christophe age 5 and baby Anthony Luca aged 5 months

All born under Sagittarius in December as well ...

Have nice Sunday.
Margi.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
My name is one of my many aliases...mom, mommy, grandma, sweetheart, darlin', honey, Mrs. H., Kate, K.T. (when I was modeling), and the list goes on.

Had another name I used when I worked sort of undercover and that name was Kari Banks. She no longer exists and that was many, many, many years ago.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

There have been a few threads like this in the past but it is really good to do it again with so many new members! Thanks Margi, for the topic and for the interesting story!

Mine, unfortunately is very boring. LP are my first two initials, but also what many people call me. Beier is my married name.

I have also gone on other sites as Lydia Purple which is a play on my first two initials, my favourite colour, a name I would have named a daughter if I had one (Lydia), the name of a favourite 60's song and a character in the bible who was the seller of purple.

But for DC I went simple and to the point .

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I've had problems with a stalker so when I had to decide on a screen name (probably for joining DC) I made up Zhizara as sounding exotic, and unique enough not to need a number.

I use it exclusively as my screen name whenever I use one, and through constant use, especially here, I feel very comfortable with it. I even gave myself a middle and last name. Zhizara Zoe Zhizarazoz.

My avatar is not Zhizara, though. That's Joy the baby elephant. I fell in love with the look of joy on her face.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
Certified Cake Maniac

Zhizara, I have always loved your username. It is kind of lyrical and very unique - Like You (and I mean that in all the best ways!).

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote