Wildlife, Ferals and other animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) Not to worry its just in text no sound but is missing many other barks and howls dogs have which is why I added the link to the book I have to explain it much better.

Thanks for telling me that, my dogs just settled back down after clicking on Stacy's singing the dogs to sleep thread :rolleyes:

So what is the book? I didn't really see a book advertised except for something on dog food.... I'm always up for a good dog read, although I can't say I agree with all the interpretations, but that's normal.

Thanks for telling me that, my dogs just settled back down after clicking on Stacy's singing the dogs to sleep thread :rolleyes:

So what is the book? I didn't really see a book advertised except for something on dog food.... I'm always up for a good dog read, although I can't say I agree with all the interpretations, but that's normal.

:) OOPs here it is I really think you will like it.
Amazon.com: The Intelligence of Dogs: Canine Conciousness and Capabilities: Stanley Coren: Books

I do have to say that one of the tests they recommend is to throw a towel on the dogs head and that the quicker they pull off the towel the smarter the dog is. In my test I think my red bone coon hound just thought that since I wanted the towel on his head he was just going to let it sit on on his head at least for a while anyway. He has since passed away but my other dogs pull the towel off right away but I'm convinced Henry just decided to go with what I was doing he was quite the go with flow kind of dog. I sure miss him.

Thanks for the link, JP.

Yeah..... the towel on the head test.
Pierce has been bumping into things for ten months now....

:ermm:

My best friend in high school had a Jack Russel named Goliath (ha.. ha). He looks exactly like Wishbone. C'mon, we all remember Wishbone.

Anyways, I remember every time I went over there, he would run up and down the front hallway, peeing, so excited he was.

Also, at Christmas time, we left some food on the table and came back, he had eaten ALL the rolls. We then found him under the tree demolishing a huge stick of butter.

He farted all night.

It's funny what kind of sounds animals make sometimes, I went on one site that had recordings of wolves, jackels, hyenas etc, and one of them made sounds exactly like a screaming women. Imagine camping out and hearing that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom