Will you be spending less or more at Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
about the same.... actually it may be less, but not because I'm trying to cut back. Mainly because I have learned to shop smarter than in the previous years.

about the same , which wasn't all that much. also cutting back on baking goodies, and gift wrap. gonna wrap in comics from sunday newspaper. free.no christmas cards. maybe. the postage is so high. homemade for two youngest great grandchildren.

About the same. I gave up buying presents for sibs and their kids years ago, when I realized that I was buying presents no one really wanted (the children seem to be able to get anything they want under $50 themselves). I now buy local artisinal foods and send them for the family to enjoy. My husband and I found ourselves buying what seemed like empty gifts for each other. so we now buy little stuff and something major as a common gift. I try to find something for my parents, but that isn't really easy any more either. My biggest expense is that I do throw a big Christmas party, but even on that one we collect food for the community food bank, and ask people to bring some finger food to share (we put out chili, wine, beer, and eggnog). So it's a little ouch, not a big one.

I'll be spending about the same as last year, which is less than the previous years. Kids are working on their lists and other than my mother, they are the only ones I buy for. :)

Definitely less, this year. Friends we have exchanged with in the past want to stop which is fine with us. So, we are now down to 6, plus my DH. I will be doing less baking to give away, as well.

About the same as last year. I'm working my tail off the next few weeks to make a few extra bucks to get the kids' stuff.
DH rarely get each other anything, it's all about the kids.
But maybe I can sneak off a little cash to get him something. I just dont know what to get that isn't thousands of dollars and has a large engine!!!!

Back
Top Bottom