"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Head Chef

Christmas almost kills me and this Christmas will be no exception. Christmas Eve
church service at 6 p.m. then the whole family goes to my son's for hor d'oevres and appetizers, desserts, drinks and whatever.
Christmas morning everyone is here at my house for a huge brunch.
Christmas dinner is at my duaghter's. She does wonderful dinners. Next day is leftovers of everything we ate before that.
I can't believe I'm not dead from the calories, fat and cholesterol. But, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I love being surrounded by my family at Christmas time.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
Master Chef

We stay home for most of the day, then go to a friend's home for dinner, a couple of blocks away. about 8 yrs ago, when we first moved here, we hit on a sharing of holidays that works really well. Lots less stress than when we lived near family.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

christmas eve in my home with daughter,and two granddaughters and oldest ones boy friend and his three boys.
christmas morning brunch at grandsons and their wives, my son and his wife. and the main attraction for me the two little great-grand daughters. then home to nap
Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

home and away.

home in the morning, then i made a deal with a co-worker (shhh ) so that i don't have to go in until noon. then dw and my boy will join me; we'll go see the tree, and then find an open restaurant for dinner.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Home Christmas eve with all the kids and grandkids here...Christmas day DH and I have decided to go out to a favorite place just the two of us and have dinner..The kids and babies will come over in the early evening for desserts and munchies and we will play with all the new toys Santa brought them.
kadesma
Old 12-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
Head Chef

I've seen Home Alone too many times to tell ANYONE what my plans are. Keep 'em guessing.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
Head Chef

I have no Christmas plans. Last year, I took my mom out for Chinese food and she got very sick at the restaurant--it was awful.

So most likely home for me.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Christmas Eve we will be at home with dd and family, my cousin and family and hopefully my mom and break bread (oplatki). Since my grandmother is no longer with us we are just having appetizers instead of the meal we used to have We may stop over bil's house for a little bit. Depends on how I feel.
I will be having Christmas dinner here and the same people except for my cousin will be here also.

Barb
Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
Sous Chef

My parents will get here Christmas morning and I will cook for the 2nd time ever lol.... wish me luck! Then we are going to take a day trip to Savannah.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
Head Chef

Christmas Eve at Mom and Dads, Christmas Lunch (formally brunch) at our house and Chistmas night for cocktails and finger foods at my uncles house. Guess I better buy a bigger belt