Will your Christmas be home or away?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I will be in Agra, India for Christmas day. Flying tomorrow. We are having Christmas dinner in a rooftop restaurant, with a view of the Taj Mahal. :)

We were supposed to go to Salem to Paul's folks for Christmas Eve and Christmas...but this weather may keep us home...sigh

Christmas almost kills me and this Christmas will be no exception. Christmas Eve
church service at 6 p.m. then the whole family goes to my son's for hor d'oevres and appetizers, desserts, drinks and whatever.
Christmas morning everyone is here at my house for a huge brunch.
Christmas dinner is at my duaghter's. She does wonderful dinners. Next day is leftovers of everything we ate before that.
I can't believe I'm not dead from the calories, fat and cholesterol. But, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. ;) I love being surrounded by my family at Christmas time.

We stay home for most of the day, then go to a friend's home for dinner, a couple of blocks away. about 8 yrs ago, when we first moved here, we hit on a sharing of holidays that works really well. Lots less stress than when we lived near family.

christmas eve in my home with daughter,and two granddaughters and oldest ones boy friend and his three boys.
christmas morning brunch at grandsons and their wives, my son and his wife. and the main attraction for me the two little great-grand daughters. then home to nap

home and away.

home in the morning, then i made a deal with a co-worker (shhh :angel:) so that i don't have to go in until noon. then dw and my boy will join me; we'll go see the tree, and then find an open restaurant for dinner.

Home Christmas eve with all the kids and grandkids here...Christmas day DH and I have decided to go out to a favorite place just the two of us and have dinner..The kids and babies will come over in the early evening for desserts and munchies and we will play with all the new toys Santa brought them.
kadesma

I've seen Home Alone too many times to tell ANYONE what my plans are. Keep 'em guessing.:ermm::LOL:

I have no Christmas plans. Last year, I took my mom out for Chinese food and she got very sick at the restaurant--it was awful.

So most likely home for me.

Christmas Eve we will be at home with dd and family, my cousin and family and hopefully my mom and break bread (oplatki). Since my grandmother is no longer with us we are just having appetizers instead of the meal we used to have We may stop over bil's house for a little bit. Depends on how I feel.
I will be having Christmas dinner here and the same people except for my cousin will be here also.

Barb

My parents will get here Christmas morning and I will cook for the 2nd time ever lol.... wish me luck! Then we are going to take a day trip to Savannah.

Christmas Eve at Mom and Dads, Christmas Lunch (formally brunch) at our house and Chistmas night for cocktails and finger foods at my uncles house. Guess I better buy a bigger belt:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom