William F. Buckley Jr.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Need to find out if he is still living. If so, where? I have a family connection through his uncle William Buckley. I am researching my family. I haven't found much personnel inf. except for this:

William F. Buckley Jr
Buckley married Patricia Taylor of Vancouver, B.C., in 1950, and is the father of Christopher Taylor Buckley.
Born in New York City in 1925, Buckley spent his early school years in England and France. He graduated with honors from Yale in 1950. He and his wife, Patricia, have been married for more than 50 years and have a son, Christopher.
Buckley, William Frank, Jr. (b. 1925) — also known as William F. Buckley, Jr. — of Manhattan, New York County, N.Y. Born in New York, New York County, N.Y., November 24, 1925. Brother of James Lane Buckley; married 1950 to Patricia Taylor. Conservative. Served in the U.S. Army during World War II; candidate for mayor of New York City, N.Y., 1965. Catholic. Irish and Swiss ancestry. Member, Skull and Bones. Leader of the conservative movement; founder and editor of National Review magazine; author and lecturer; host of television news show "Firing Line"; recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom on November 18, 1991. Still living as of 2004

oh yes he is still living. I think he is still writing an occasional column. Check out National Review magazine altho he has retired from there.

Thank you so much! It was late and I was trying to quietly peck away at the keyboard, without disturbing DH's sleep. The last link I found regarding him was that he was alive in 2004.

I just wrote the editor of the National Review Magazine and hopefully (fingers crossed) he/she will forward my letter on to Mr. Buckley.

Thanks Again!

He's alive and on tv sometimes too.

He has had a very interesting life. He was in the CIA, I believe.

See if you can find the 50th Anniversary Issue of Gourmet -- he has an article in it.

I know for a fact that William F. Buckley, Jr. is still living and around. He still writes and I have seen him on TV. He leads a very interesting life.

Back
Top Bottom