Windows 7 Start Menu Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
When I click on "pictures" on the Start Menu, it doesn't go to the correct file where all my pictures are.

How can I change it?

Thanks in advance.:)

I don't run Windows7, but are your pictures saved where the Start menu is going? There are certain folders preset into a computer. If you created a folder called Pictures, it doesn't mean the computer knows to go to your folder and not the one already set up.
Just throwing out ideas blindly ;^)

I don't run Windows7, but are your pictures saved where the Start menu is going? There are certain folders preset into a computer. If you created a folder called Pictures, it doesn't mean the computer knows to go to your folder and not the one already set up.
Just throwing out ideas blindly ;^)

I didn't create a folder, I put them in a existing folder under the existing COMPUTER NAME.

I named my computer : ZhizaraZhizarazoz

There has always been a ZZ file that holds all my documents, pictures, downloads. These docs, etc. are automatically saved here.

I had it all working right, but had to System Restore to Factory settings (with Backup of my files).

The reason I had to do that was my System Restore wasn't working and that was my only option to correct my System Restore.

Last edited:
Down on the start menu there is a search box. Search for one of the files (if you can remember the file name). Once you find one, look at the file file properties to see where it's stored. Chances are the rest of your images will be in the same location.

Down on the start menu there is a search box. Search for one of the files (if you can remember the file name). Once you find one, look at the file file properties to see where it's stored. Chances are the rest of your images will be in the same location.

My problem isn't where the files are stored, it's getting the "button" for Pictures to go there.

My problem isn't where the files are stored, it's getting the "button" for Pictures to go there.

I'm not familiar with Windows 7 but have used Windows XP. In your "My Documents" folder, there should be a "My Pictures" folder where you should be storing all your pictures and where the Pictures button takes you.

Have a look at the picture I attached. You click the picture button. Just below the words "Pictures Library" It should say, "Includes: x locations; x representing some number.

Click that and it will pop up a window. In that window there is a button: "Add..."

Click that button and find your pictures to add to the "Pictures Library".

Attachments

• how to add a location to picture library.jpg
    how to add a location to picture library.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 169
Taxlady got it before I could.

You can also right click on the Pictures folder, click properties and click on the Add Folder Button. From there you can navigate through your folders and click on the folder you store your pictures in. You can also remove the default folder t originally called to if you wish to.

-Damien

I'm not familiar with Windows 7 but have used Windows XP. In your "My Documents" folder, there should be a "My Pictures" folder where you should be storing all your pictures and where the Pictures button takes you.

Windows 7 and Vista are a little different. The "button" takes you where it wants to go, and the files get automatically saved somewhere else.

My files aren't lost, I use them all the time, but I'm having to do Unnecessary Navigation.

I'm pretty sure I had this fixed before, but can't find where I can enter where I want it to go.

No, TL. I missed it somehow. My minds too tired now, anyway, to figure it out tonight, I'll try again after coffee in the morning. TTYL.

Thanks! All back to normal. For Windows 7, I had to:

Right click the PICTURES button and go to properties,

click on "Include A Folder",

drag the correct folder to the list,

where it now opens when I click PICTURES. :clap: :bounce::punk::clap:

Thanks for the help, Damian and TaxLady.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom