Windows Vista

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO: especially that last bit....

no reason to know or be bothered with all that at the least. I turn my computer on, it works. It runs windows crap, and the regular stuff. no issues no B.S. NEVER. why stick up for something that makes you work to get it to work? Give it up. Lol. DW's PC this week told her it wouldn't shut down because updates needed to be installed. It took more than three hours to "install" them. when she restarted the next day, t told her they had not been installed, then Bill Gates decided that she didn't need them installed, so her computer hangs for three hours every time she shuts it down. At least her PC makes a nice nightlight. :LOL: My installs...well...if they aren't done when i shut down, they wait and restart in the background without my knowing it the next day when i start up. GOSH Macs suck :LOL: yeah right. How's tha "plug-n-play" going BTW? :ROFLMAO:

You are still confusing hardware and software with each other. I have a couple of HP's, two Toshibas, and three DELLs. No problems with any of the hardware on them, or with updates, etc. Not until the three year old dumped water on the Toshibas to wash them anyway... but a MAC would not have survived that either...

If you are having these kinds of problems with your computer, then something is not right. Watching your posts, its kinda like talking to someone who's check engine light is on but they don't do anything about it, just keep complaining endlessly. Eventually you won't have anything to complain about. The problem is not in your hardware or the PC, it is with the OS. So dump the OS and get another one, because it sounds like right now you don't have the fortune needed to buy a MAC and need the computer, so why just leave it as a problem without solving it? Two hours and it could be up and running smoothly with no problems at all...

I checked the prices on the MACs, they can't even compare to a PC, not even within $500 of one. For $3,500 I got three DELLS, or I could have gotten one MAC with less features than my Inspiron 1720. That is not even a comparison or competitive in the least. Not to mention my surprise when I notice they come made with the same components as my PC does, what happened to MAC doing its own processors? They bragged they were 4x's faster than a PC, so why ditch them?

The kids DELL's have Home Basic, no problems per se but slow as a turtle on everything. My 1720 has Home Premium which has been fast, smooth, and exceptional in everything it has done so far. MS needs to knock it off with all these levels of OS, just offer a home and a business version. Smacks of a scam to me if their so-called 'Basic' doesn't really work right and you are 'forced' to upgrade to get an OS that functions smoothly.

You are still confusing hardware and software with each other...

It's not a matter of confusion at all. One doesn't have a choice! I can't buy a Dell or HP and specify the MAC OS. So when I complain about PC vs MAC, even though it's about software issues, they become hardware issues as well.

It's not a matter of confusion at all. One doesn't have a choice! I can't buy a Dell or HP and specify the MAC OS. So when I complain about PC vs MAC, even though it's about software issues, they become hardware issues as well.

And I can't buy a MAC and specify Windows alone. But I can buy a PC and specify a different version of Windows, or Linux if I choose. So yea, you do have a choice, unlike with a MAC. So no, it isn't about hardware issues at all. It is strictly a software issues, and why continue to use software that does not work properly?

His problem is with his OS, the software. There are no hardware problems on his PC that he has indicated. But, instead of solving the OS or software problem and moving on, lesson learned with Vista, he still has it on there and continues to complain. IE engine light still on, no action being taken...

This is why Microsoft continues to try and make thier OS 'dummy proof', not because post people are dummies, but because most would seem to rather sit and complain endlessly than fix the problem. So they try and make it so the OS does it all for them, and instead it ends up making things worse.

Microsoft is using the end user as a debugger so they don't have to pay professional debuggers to check their software. They are doing this because the end user is letting them. If people moved away from windows, and their sales dipped drastically, they would change this practice and we would get a better product.

Kinda like the current gas prices, everyone complains but has anything been done? No, so what incentive do they have to stop the climb or even reverse it? None.

I am not argueing that the PC should not work right out of the box and do what it is supposed to do correctly without tons of work on my part. It should. But what I am pointing out is that his situation is different than yours.
You haven't bought your next laptop, he already has his. You have a choice you can make before buying your next laptop. His choice now is sell it and get a MAC, or fix it and use it until he can afford a MAC, or just let it sit there so he has something to complain about...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom